Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

OK VT, we are asking for your assistance again. This is not about us as a group, it is about the future of your football club. 

For those not taking a banner of their own with their own message, we have come up with a simple design which we think captures the general mood of the support in 4 words. However, if we are going to make this display work we need as many of you self motivated as is possible. So print as many of these as you can carry, whether A4 or A3, hand them out in the pub, to your mates, to the people around you, before the game outside the ground too. Every gesture is as appreciated. 

This is no longer just about the decision making at board level, in fact it never was just about that. We must continue to drive the point home and in my opinion, we must continue to push Mr Lerner out of the door. He has ran out of rope, too little too late. Above all else however, we must be allowed to have our voice. Our opinions must not be silenced. 

Below is the design. We will be providing a download link from the site shortly too.Thanks once again for your support with this. Lovely stuff. 

AVPG

Ceu3ICqW4AQWVqx.jpg:large

Reference Daves post above those of you who are going to print off some of these and distribute them can you let us know either in this thread or via PM.

As Dave said your help in this would be really appreciated and you are vital to it being a success.

• Like 1

Literally nobody has committed to help so far. I was, rightly may I add, chastised for having a go at people for not doing so when the abuse flew at us for the Tottenham postponement. To be fair, it doesn't feel like much has changed since then.

Could use a bit of support. We could use hands. We have some to hand out at the game, but without you they're going to go to waste. We've put the money and the time in so far, 30 minutes of yours will make the difference. Without it, not much point in us carrying on past Saturday.  

• Like 2

Once they have been displayed make paper aeroplanes from them and fly them towards the pitch. If nothing else it might give some of those neanderthal stewards something to do in clearing them up.

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Once they have been displayed make paper aeroplanes from them and fly them towards the pitch. If nothing else it might give some of those neanderthal stewards something to do in clearing them up.

It's a neat idea if we can get them distributed. Probably (definitely) against club rules even though I went to a west end magic show designed for all ages recently where they get you to throw paper planes across the room. However at the minute, it's not looking good for distribution. So the whole thing is a pipe dream. 

21 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Please don't encourage people to do this. It's a specific criminal offence to throw anything towards the pitch. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, limpid said:

Please don't encourage people to do this. It's a specific criminal offence to throw anything towards the pitch. 

In which case, I won't throw even so much as a glance at it ;)

• Like 2

Lads and lasses as Dave said earlier we desperately need help with this now and we need some of you to step forward. A lot of time and money has been put into all this by a handful of people and it could be a great visual impact but it needs extra hands on the day to make it a success. Please reply in this thread or PM us if you can spare just 30 minutes before the game on Saturday.

Edited by markavfc40

Could it be most fans can see change occurring and are realistic in their expectations of what the club can and will say? I don't expect anything to be said from the club until we get a new manager in place now. The people who aided our decline who can be removed have gone. You aren't going to get the reassurances and if you did it'd be classed by some as PR. The proof will be in the pudding and that means who we appoint and who we sign in the summer. I'm all up for keeping the pressure on the club so we get decent investment this summer but I just don't see how having the banners out now will benefit anything especially seeing as you cancelled the last one and since then there's been even more change. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Could it be most fans can see change occurring and are realistic in their expectations of what the club can and will say? I don't expect anything to be said from the club until we get a new manager in place now. The people who aided our decline who can be removed have gone. You aren't going to get the reassurances and if you did it'd be classed by some as PR. The proof will be in the pudding and that means who we appoint and who we sign in the summer. I'm all up for keeping the pressure on the club so we get decent investment this summer but I just don't see how having the banners out now will benefit anything especially seeing as you cancelled the last one and since then there's been even more change. 

There have been changes at the club to the board but that alone is not close to being enough. There are still two requests from our open letter that are yet to be actioned. The previous protest was postponed as a show of grace due to the changes to the board and most particularly the appointment of Brian Little.

The disgraceful scenes at the Tottenham game though of seeing fellow supporters man handled from the ground for nothing more than displaying their feelings, when they are understandably hurting given the plight of the club, was another reason for us coming up with this form of protest. It should be noted that the banner they displayed was not a hindrance to any one and contained nothing abusive/offensive.We believe we should not be silenced and have a right to make our feelings known as long as that is with in the clubs own guidance.

Edited by markavfc40

6 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I agree, I was against the way the club was/is being run but I like the way they've gone about business the past 2 weeks and I'm prepared to wait and see what happens next with the appointed manager.

Guys-I have supported you in your actions and have been grateful to you for making the effort.

My current feeling is not too dissimilar to dn1982. I think that you are in danger of becoming an even greater minority.

When Mike started this all off, we were at rock bottom. I'm not saying we're any better off now but since Mikes initial post, 2 of the biggest culprits have been ousted. In addition, Remi Garde has also been shown the door. Finally, we have put together a team at executive level that might, just might have some mileage in them. All we need now is for Riley to go and I think that most of us will be happy, under the dreadful circumstances.

I think the group are in danger of alienating itself by continuing to protest for protests sake. Certainly, the decision not to leave on 74 minutes for the last game has divided support.

I would like to think that the protest and publicity surrounding it has prompted action from Lerner and the changes are positive signs. Rome wasn't built in a day but that is a pretty good start-Who wouldn't have settled for that at the outset of the protesting?

It could be that most people are now (to quote a legend) ready to go again. Would it be worth considering suspending protests, as was announced pre-Spurs and give the new set up a bit of time to convince us that the club are once more moving in the right direction? There is no need to disband and things could be kept in place to start up again in the future if needs be. I personally don't see what more the club could have done in this short space of time.

Supporting and singing from the same hymn sheet will always be more beneficial in the long term than being divided-I say that with no love for Lerner whatsoever. We can't force him to sell and our best way of seeing him sell is for us to get promoted straight away. Theres far more chance of this without protests going on in the background.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I fail to see what has truly changed.

It depends on what you define as "truly"

If you mean that we haven't truly changed into title contenders, you would be correct.

What has changed is that 2 of the biggest A'holes ever to be associated with Aston Villa have gone. Two "football" people have come in-Two people that most would be happy with. The manager has now also gone.

Not bad going in the space of a few weeks-I suspect that more is to follow.

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

It depends on what you define as "truly"

If you mean that we haven't truly changed into title contenders, you would be correct.

What has changed is that 2 of the biggest A'holes ever to be associated with Aston Villa have gone. Two "football" people have come in-Two people that most would be happy with. The manager has now also gone.

Not bad going in the space of a few weeks-I suspect that more is to follow.

Doesn't quite make up for all the years of mismanagement and the impending relegation IMO.

I'm only concerned about moving forward. We can't do anything about what has gone on previously

The protest is about wanting changes isn't it? Well theres been some pretty big ones in the last couple of weeks. Nothing can be done to change what has gone before and you'll be waiting a pretty long time, if that's what you're hoping for.

Hey Leadership, do your thing.  When you took a pause you were slated, now when you're not taking a pause you are slated.  It would be nice if more of those that were angry when you took the pause would jump in to your defense now.  But human nature and forum nature.... Haters gonna hate.

59 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There have been changes at the club to the board but that alone is not close to being enough. There are still two requests from our open letter that are yet to be actioned. The previous protest was postponed as a show of grace due to the changes to the board and most particularly the appointment of Brian Little.

The disgraceful scenes at the Tottenham game though of seeing fellow supporters man handled from the ground for nothing more than displaying their feelings, when they are understandably hurting given the plight of the club, was another reason for us coming up with this form of protest. It should be noted that the banner they displayed was not a hindrance to any one and contained nothing abusive/offensive.We believe we should not be silenced and have a right to make our feelings known as long as that is with in the clubs own guidance.

I agree that in bad times we should be allowed to protest but I think it's better to now engage this new board tell them all the frustrations and try to get a united club going forward. You actually had a few thousands join in the walk out if you could actually get them to join a supporters group to have a voice similar to AVST if that's not the one you want to join it'd be a lot better IMO. We all want the same thing and just looking at these boards show opinion is always divided on how we are going to achieve it. We need to get a constant dialogue and interaction with the board as communication is key for fans to feel involved. 

Â