Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

15 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Just a question what if we are winning and you walk out affects the result we saw it at Liverpool, also do you agree that if we are 2 or 3 down by 60 minutes there will be no fans left to leave on 74

It don't matter if we are winning 12-9 

We were still relegated before christmas!.. 

16 hours ago, lmarsha_926 said:

Just a question what if we are winning and you walk out affects the result we saw it at Liverpool, also do you agree that if we are 2 or 3 down by 60 minutes there will be no fans left to leave on 74

Why would fans walking out affect the result? Fans being in the ground and cheering the players on hasn't done the opposite very often.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomaspg said:

hopefully theres a big walk out today, you've done a great job organizing this. Kinda wish i was there to show my support as well.

Even if there isn't, we don't stop.

The board obviously think this'll just go away if there isn't a backing for it now.

It won't.

Edited by sexbelowsound

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

Even there isn't, we don't stop.

The board obviously think this'll just go away if there isn't a backing for it now.

It won't.

i unfortunatley cant see our fortune changing either, so the longer our shitty run progresses and out the door keeps going it will hopefully attract more and more supporters.

1 minute ago, tomaspg said:

i unfortunatley cant see our fortune changing either, so the longer our shitty run progresses and out the door keeps going it will hopefully attract more and more supporters.

I think the tide is turning.

We are waking up from our slumber.

• Like 1

Covered in The Business Desk today (a free news website for business in the West Midlands, although you have to register. Link.

To save you a sign up.....

Aston Villa fans plan to show contempt for board with match walkout

1st March 2016

inShare

Share:

Duncan Tift

By Duncan Tift - Deputy Editor, West Midlands

Villa Park

Villa Park

THINGS go from bad to worse for Aston Villa, with a group of disgruntled supporters planning a walk-out at tonight’s game against Everton in protest against the way the club is being run.

The supporters are due to stage their walkout in the 74th minute of the game – the time chosen to reflect the year the club was founded in 1874.

Further walkouts are being planned for the following two home games.

The club currently finds itself bottom of the Premier League with just 16 points –eight points from safety - and relegation looking inevitable.

The protest is the idea of Villa supporter Mark Bricknell, who was quoted on Sky Sports News as saying the club’s support was now down to its hardcore fans.

He claimed thousands of fans had turned their back on the club and were angered by the approach taken by owner Randy Lerner and his board, which is now chaired by former KPMG Midlands chairman Steve Hollis with former Bank of England governor Mervyn King as a non-executive director.

Mr Bricknell said the protest was intended to demonstrate distain for the club’s lack of direction and ambition, which has culminated in this year’s embarrassing performance.

Mr Bricknell and his supporters say they were inspired by the recent protests at Liverpool where fans walked out of a home game against Sunderland in the 77th minute to protest about ticket prices.

That had the effect of persuading the Liverpool board to scrap plans for a proposed price increase.

In the case of Villa, fans hope it will prompt the board to adopt a more positive attitude going forward, although most have resigned themselves to watching Championship football next season.  

Well done lads. Also to echo what was said earlier, I can also lend a hand for the other two games if required.

I'm out the door on 74 tonight. Good work to everyone who's got involved in promoting this! There's a part of me that hopes we will be 3-0 down by then so everyone will join in. 

Ideally you want the third to go in just before the clock hits 74 as many may have already gone otherwise. 😀

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the worry getting spanked and the fans ;leave before the 74

IF we are being spanked (which makes no odds to me, I'm out regardless) then hopefully we've reached a point now where everyone knows about it and will hang on for another 10-15 minutes. 

I'd love us to be 2-0 up, STILL 10,000 people walk out and we go on to win the game! Perhaps a tad unrealistic? :)

• Like 1

I see some fans have divided already. Claiming anyone who walks out is not "supporting the team". You know, because the team are separate from the club obviously. 

The main argument appears to centre around "making the Holte End roar". Isn't that the responsibility of the team? 

As long as respect is shown both ways...

• Like 1

We've been supporting the team all season and it's made **** all difference.

In fact, the biggest response seemed to be when the fans made it quite clear they weren't happy.

it's funny that a boycott seems to be acceptable by most, but walking out after more than three quarters of the game doesn't. Surely the latter is more supportive than the former?

• Like 3

Â