Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With all due respect why would you walk out then come back in? That would make no sense! So yeah you go home or wherever you want that isnt Villa Park

Well it wasn't clear. And it needs to be clear. The 19th minute thing for Petrov was a minute long. Same with all other things that refer to an action at a certain time in a match. There can't be any confusion that when you walk out on the 74th minute, it's not just for the 74th minute, and you don't come back for the 75th. 

On the poster type thing. It's very wordy.

The initiai paragraph reads wrong to me too: The over this mass walkout AND a over some for knee jerk reaction. However, it may just be me, I know that blandy has proof written a few things like this previously and may help.

Also the final quote on the left hand side needs to be attributed to who wrote it as it currently looks to have come from Randy, which it clearly hasn't. Also I think is should be below the timeline and centralised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

They asked if I would have the Villa gear on and I said no as I will be coming out of work to do it so in smart clothes. I had visions of him wanting me in full kit, boots and all. I think I'll just go with the Villa head band ;)

Go in your swimming trunks, Mark.....Smethwick baths is only up the road.:)

You can have an early dip.....I'll be the one with the claret and blue snorkel.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Can I just say to Mike M, DDID and the others organising this: Thank you! Thank you for ignoring the typical Villa fan response of "I think we should do something but not this, and I am doing nothing except criticising the ones who are making the effort". Thank you for, undoubtedly, spending a lot of time and resources on this. Thank you for rising above silly, negative remarks on details which do not matter. Thank you for instilling in me the faith once again that we, as Villa fans and one Villa family, might, just might, be able to stand together. I am seriously considering flying over from Norway just to be able to walk OUT THE DOOR ON 74. Just one small thing; please, please keep it up even if the first attempt does not make 10k leave. Repeat it and do the contemplated 3 matches no matter what, 1k may be 3k on the second match and 10k on the third!!

Hughes, Villa fan in Norway since 1979.      

No problem

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

On the poster type thing. It's very wordy.

The initiai paragraph reads wrong to me too: The over this mass walkout AND a over some for knee jerk reaction. However, it may just be me, I know that blandy has proof written a few things like this previously and may help.

Also the final quote on the left hand side needs to be attributed to who wrote it as it currently looks to have come from Randy, which it clearly hasn't. Also I think is should be below the timeline and centralised.

To be honest the information has been on here for a few days for people to help proof read. The top quote is from @markavfc40 and reads well to everyone else who has seen it.

I'm more interested in grammatical and spelling errors that I might have missed or as @a m ole noticed, incorrect dates.

Edited by sexbelowsound

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm going to finalise the infographic this evening so any contributions/recommendations need to be in within the next few hours.

For those who haven't seen it it will be going into this format.

AVFC_Infographic.jpg

Nice work mate.  I know BOF pointed out the typos, so I'll be the design pedant and suggest you avoid "widows" - that's where you have a single word on a line, such as Houllier or regime above.

Apologies if that's coming over as patronising.  Just want to help...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nice work mate.  I know BOF pointed out the typos, so I'll be the design pedant and suggest you avoid "widows" - that's where you have a single word on a line, such as Houllier or regime above.

Apologies if that's coming over as patronising.  Just want to help...

Cheers mate. I think I mopped those up on the latest version but who knows.....

Can you see anything else on the most recent one I've posted a few posts above?

Edited by sexbelowsound

8 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

To be honest the information has been on here for a few days for people to help proof read. The top quote is from @markavfc40 and reads well to everyone else who has seen it.

I'm more interested in grammatical and spelling errors that I might have missed or as @a m ole noticed, incorrect dates.

Fair enough I'll not bother then..... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Can I just say to Mike M, DDID and the others organising this: Thank you! Thank you for ignoring the typical Villa fan response of "I think we should do something but not this, and I am doing nothing except criticising the ones who are making the effort". Thank you for, undoubtedly, spending a lot of time and resources on this. Thank you for rising above silly, negative remarks on details which do not matter. Thank you for instilling in me the faith once again that we, as Villa fans and one Villa family, might, just might, be able to stand together. I am seriously considering flying over from Norway just to be able to walk OUT THE DOOR ON 74. Just one small thing; please, please keep it up even if the first attempt does not make 10k leave. Repeat it and do the contemplated 3 matches no matter what, 1k may be 3k on the second match and 10k on the third!!

Hughes, Villa fan in Norway since 1979.      

I've always thought that if we get a couple of thousand on game 1 we stand a chance of turning this into a proper movement. I think the hope is for more of course, but it would be a great start. 

In order to achieve that we need you guys and girls to tweet the shit out of it. Talk to your friends, like the Facebook page, get everyone and anyone involved. YOU have the power, together. 

Let the Lion roar...

#outthedooron74 #avfc #lernerout

The only shame for the people invested in this, is that to a large extent it's success will be invserely proportional to our success on the pitch, between now and the end of season. Would be good if we could have the best of both worlds though.

12 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Under the 2007 entry, there are 4 oddly placed dots across the downward line.  Apart from that I couldn't spot anything else,  Great work all around though!

Cheers mate. I noticed them as well. They went rogue!

They're gone now.

• Like 1

Â