Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Whether 20m for hernandez indicates how much we will spend in the prem or not, it doesn't hide the fact that it's completely insane 

Yep, it's **** barmy. Though reports today suggest the bid has been upped to £14m plus add-ons, whatever they may be. 

We're trying to buy the best player from a premier league club who have a few issues all round. Whether we should walk away on that basis is not our decision to make, I personally want us to pay whatever it takes to bring in a reliable striker. 

I think Tony's tweet about moving on to second choice was a ruse myself. I think we will get him on deadline day. 

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Nothing, but you can do that without spending 55m quid. 

Who cares about the money spent? If Xia is ok with it, then why should we be bothered? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Nothing, but you can do that without spending 55m quid. 

I'm not sure if that's true. That'll be £55m on 8 players, which seems reasonable depending on your ambition. 

I didn't expect us to get quite so deep into the rebuild this summer but now we're getting close, we may as well go balls deep. 

• Like 3

Truth is that to take a club in villas position from how we ended last season to having a crack at promotion the following season is gonna cost major bucks in squad investment. I shudder to think where we would be now under lerner.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Like we weren't bothered about Lerner's money spending at the start?

I don't see the relevance? 

Just enjoy it 

Just now, Woodytom said:

Like we weren't bothered about Lerner's money spending at the start?

There's a clear and obvious goal in sight, which is to get promoted. With £150m for just getting into the Premier League on offer, it's more money than what was on the table to achieve Champions League football.

If it takes spending £50m+ to make an extra £100m, then it's a great investment for both Tony and the club. It's obvious that this is an investment risk he's willing to accept.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaptureJames said:

I know twitter bollocks.... a few bollockees are also tweeting this

i don't think he pulled up any trees at Reading last season?

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well if he's another Randy Lerner we're **** regardless. 

Not to stay OT for too long, it's also worth mentioning that if Dr. X can get us back in the PL quickly then he's got an absolute bargain in AVFC at £65m. Even if the rumoured add-ons to Lerner for getting promoted re true, it's still a steal for a Premier League club of our size, fanbase and history.

He's obviously seen the long game. Doing whatever is necessary to get us back up there means everyone wins.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RaptureJames said:

I know twitter bollocks.... a few bollockees are also tweeting this

Having just flicked through some of the rumours on that account, I conclude that it's bollocks... You are quite correct.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm not sure if that's true. That'll be £55m on 8 players, which seems reasonable depending on your ambition. 

I didn't expect us to get quite so deep into the rebuild this summer but now we're getting close, we may as well go balls deep. 

Balls deep ...lol classic 

10 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Having just flicked through some of the rumours on that account, I conclude that it's bollocks... You are quite correct.

Indeed, this was posted yesterday but today he doesn't want to drop to the Championship. Its just somebody making stuff up

Despite interest from Burnley, Middlesbrough winger Albert Adomah reportedly wants to join Aston Villa #Boro #AVFC