Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

What do people think of 20 million for hernandez? For me Wells is the player we should be going all out for. I reckon he will be even better in the next few years. Hernandez has never impressed me in the very few games ive seen him play.

Assombalonga is the best player we've been linked with. He's unreal when he's on form and he's 23. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

Assombalonga is the best player we've been linked with. He's unreal when he's on form and he's 23. 

Yeah i like him too, Wells edges it imo though.

I think Hernandez for 20 million is crazy tbh, but obviously reflective of the market currently.

Edited by leighavfc

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

So...... just got back home after a weekend away an6one care to give me some lowdown ?

villa-southerner went to vegas with a bunch of bimbos he might be back or might not.   you're welcome.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Player sales, parachute payments and a wealthy owner. I'm sure they are aware of the rules and what we can spend. 

Im not saying we breached I just think it's funny how FFP was cited as the reason for not spending in the past by some. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im not saying we breached I just think it's funny how FFP was cited as the reason for not spending in the past by some. 

I think a few years ago some were still keen to believe in Lerner. 

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

20m for hernandez is just beyond insane.

Think 2 Scott Sinclairs and 2 Ciaran Clarks, it makes the price seem more sensible. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Under Lerner we kept making losses so had to be wary of FFP. Now we have a new owner we get 12months grace I think then we'll start having to worry about it again. Ultimately though if we don't get up in the next 2 years we are in trouble. 

hernandez has the same kind of goalscoring record as gestede when we bought him and we paid 6 million for him. he might be rated more highly then gestede was last year but the market hasnt changed that dramatically. it is a bit of a rip off. a gamble but if it works i wont complain

Just now, DCJonah said:

Bloody exciting if you ask me. Shows how serious we are to get promoted. And if we're willing to spend this amount in the championship, I can't wait to see what the dr will sanction if we get back in the prem 

I agree with the excitement of a big transfer fee like that etc but i cant help but think there are better options out there for that money or less.

Its not my money though and if he does sign then i hope he is a success,but i think Wells would be a cracking buy and has that pace were missing. Good finisher also.

Just now, leighavfc said:

I agree with the excitement of a big transfer fee like that etc but i cant help but think there are better options out there for that money or less.

Its not my money though and if he does sign then i hope he is a success,but i think Wells would be a cracking buy and has that pace were missing. Good finisher also.

I'm not sure there's a lot better options out there. Wells may be but I don't think it's clear he will be better for us. 

He was a top scorer last year. Has attributes we desperately need and seems to be a number 1 target. 

Having an owner willing to go all out to get him please me.