Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Only problem with him is that he'll be 30 in a few months. We've already signed Jedinak and McCormack in that age group, hope we don't sign too many. But if we do sign Martinez, I wouldn't complain.

I thought like this for a while, then realised however that length of deals are key. If we get promoted first time, these players, (older starters etc) become great squad members at the very least, and are eventually phased out. Good balance of improvement and continuity.

• Like 1

When asked about Drogba, Xia said somethink like 

'Come on, maybe in time'

If Tony feels that a 38yr old Drogba is to rich for us, its difficult to imagine that Jackson Martinez isn't.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

'Come on, maybe in time'

If Tony feels that a 38yr old Drogba is to rich for us, its difficult to imagine that Jackson Martinez isn't.

No, he actually said "this is not the Chinese Villa", insinuating that we are not the club to be signing over the hill former stars and throwing stupid money at them!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, av1 said:

'Come on, maybe in time'

I don't think he was commenting specifically on the rich aspect, more on the motives for the player/club.  From memory, the comment was something like "Come on, we're not China Villa (maybe in the future)" which I took as we're not a Chinese club throwing money at famous players (although there may be a Chinese Villa-link club in the future).

23 minutes ago, electronicmaji said:

I'm watching a lot of sports media and ITK Colombian twitter accounts and I am almost sure that the world class striker is going to be Jackson Martinez.

Sorry don't believe you!! Didn't you say on here a few months ago that you didn't actually support Villa?

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Given the state of the team in recent times I was actually surprised that the word 'useless' wasn't used a lot more.

It's too polite, they have been a lot worse than useless, now if your name was sh*te......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

The word shite has been used 3,169 times.

Or rather 3,170 times after that post. Not sure if quoting it takes it up to 3,171. Either way shows the mood of the fanbase.