Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Basically what you said, parachute payments would give us a little kick start over other teams. It's far, far more likely we come back up at first attempt than spend 20+ years down there IMO.

Hope you are right.

Gabby, Lescott, N'Zogbia, Richardson, Senderos can leave without a fee as far as I'm concerned.

Guzan, Sinclair, Westwood, Sanchez, Richards, Clark, Hutton we might all get a fee for, however small.

Gestede we are probably stuck with unless the club is ok with taking a massive loss considering how much we paid.

Anyone of the above mentioned we can get rid of is a positive

Edited by sne

What is pathetic is that Bournemouth are on the brink of signing Benik Afobe. Even if they go down they will still have him in their squad to come straight back up. I have no idea how people think we could come straight back up without 20 new players in the summer.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No Grealish in 18 today....unless he's picked something up looks like he's going out on loan somewhere.

We must be close to a forward signing or two as we're very light in that area now for 3 league games in 11 days.

He is sick 

I'm hoping that today's game was a sort of last-chance for certain players to show what they can do. Players like Gestede and Sinclair in particular and, naturally when faced with such an opportunity, did everything they could to warrant never getting picked again.

Gestede not only showed a lack of ability to craft anything for himself, he also showed a lack of anticipation, movement, link-up play, vision and effort too. Quite the achievement.

Sinclair showed that he can't be relied upon to influence a game, or make a correct decision with the ball. In a game with few chances for us, he had a potentially match-winning one if he passed the ball. Naturally, he did not.

If Garde had his way I'm sure we'd see a very different team in the remaining games. Only Ayew and Veretout look like they've got what it takes. Okore, Gil, Bacuna, Gana look like they're at least trying, and are low-level PL standard. Everyone else is pretty much just tragic and deserve to be replaced.

• Like 2

Why is Fox not on the phone to Wolves to try and get Afobe, at 10 million he is a bargain considering we will be in the championship next season.

Pay 10 million and give them Gestede as part of the deal.

When are the board going to realise that Ayew can't keep the club up on his own

2 minutes ago, Dorset77Villa said:

Why is Fox not on the phone to Wolves to try and get Afobe, at 10 million he is a bargain considering we will be in the championship next season.

Pay 10 million and give them Gestede as part of the deal.

When are the board going to realise that Ayew can't keep the club up on his own

Wolves fans are actually laughing that they're getting £10m for him.

Zach Clough surely worth a look for £3m if we want to do things on the cheap? Highly rated.

Wouldn't have him as the only option and certainly not a main option but surely worth a go if Kozak is off.

Probably not ready for the premier league but this club is heading to the championship so the planning has surely got to start now.

We must spend some money this window, the question is how do we spend it? Do we do a QPR and try and buy our way out of trouble which is very risky but imo is the only way we will have any chance of staying in this league, providing we do it wisely and not like QPR did it. Or do we accept relegation, and buy in preperation for the championship. Imo we need a bit of both and just hope to hell a miracle happens and we get results. On the other hand i have no faith in the board to know what they are doing if we go down as they have been so inept at every single decision they have to make over the last 5 years. Having no football knowledge on the board has absolutely crippled us.

Edited by leighavfc

1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

We must spend some money this window, the question is how do we spend it? Do we do a QPR and try and buy our way out of trouble which is very risky but imo is the only way we will have any chance of staying in this league, providing we do it wisely and not like QPR did it. Or do we accept relegation, and buy in preperation for the championship. Imo we need a bit of both and just hope to hell a miracle happens and we get results. On the other hand i have no faith in the board to know what they are doing if we go down as they have been so inept at every single decision they have to make over the last 5 years. Having no football knowledge on the board has absolutely crippled us.

Buy in preparation for the championship. It would be silly for short term fixes and the like. I also have zero faith in the board but the only saving grace for me is we are still (even though it doesn't feel like it) attractive compared to some of the clubs in that league. How long will that last? Probably a season, if that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Buy in preparation for the championship. It would be silly for short term fixes and the like. I also have zero faith in the board but the only saving grace for me is we are still (even though it doesn't feel like it) attractive compared to some of the clubs in that league. How long will that last? Probably a season, if that.

As much as i hate to say it, you are probably right. I wouldnt normally agree with a defeatist atitude of accepting relegation now but at the same time when do we get to the point of being blind to our situation? We are probably another defeat or two from having no more hope of survival. Its a complete sad state of affairs for a club of our stature, (admittedly a long time ago now). We must try and sign as many top level Championship players as it is possible now and bed them in now ready for next season. Players like Afobe, Byram, Marshall and the likes should be top of our list along with maybe getting in a couple of quality loans that may improve our squad enough to give us a millescule of a chance, which unfortunately i think is very unlikely indeed.

Edited by leighavfc

Jonathan Soriano Red Bull Salzburg Forward

Ludwid Augustinsson FC Köbenhavn LB

Oscar Lewicki Malmö FF CM

A GK perhaps that Lovre Kalinic fella we were linked with?

A RB on loan or permanent (I have a feeling Richards is going start picking up injuries should we play him at RB, he's too heavy to go running up and down the field IMO)

All players we should be able to attract without breaking the bank piggy bank, who will improve us now and also might be willing to stay and play in the Championship