The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rwanda has capacity for about 1% of people coming across the channel I believe. As a desperate asylum seeker I think I’d be ok with those odds. It ain’t putting anybody off. It’s flawed in its entirety.

No more than 100 at any one time…

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

No more than 100 at any one time…

Yup, that ain’t deterring anyone.

Worst case, you end up in Rwanda

1) It might alright, you never know

2) You contact one of the newly established local people smugglers and have a second crack at getting in and staying in the UK.

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

One for @bickster's "death of the Tory party" theory. 

I am slightly sceptical of YouGovs current results, I do hope they are right as they are consistently scoring the Tories at the lower end of the scale but having said that I'm also not shocked at that result. You could probably extend the age range north about 5 years at least and still see similar results. Come the election after next they'll have very little working age support

Feel like every time I visit the news these days it just makes my blood boil further.

News item on the beeb site now with further accusations against Doug Barrowman (Michelle Money’s partner).

So alongside being invited by the Tories to defraud the nation he also for a number of years ran and publicised a business whose sole aim was to help ltd co contractors avoid paying any tax on their earnings.

Its the impunity with which these people act that I just can’t get my head around, I feel bad sometimes if I leave a shop knowing I’ve been undercharged for an item, how do people committing industrial fraud even sleep at night (other  than on a massive pile of cash).

• Like 1

The state of the roads is something else they’re getting away with somehow.

They are appalling from the top of the country to the bottom (maybe not London).

They’ve lowered our expectations now that we consider it a bit of a treat to have a stretch of road without dangers caverns in it.

Motorists pay billions in fuel duty & road tax (or whatever its official name is) but that money vanishes only for a small percentage to be returned to the road maintenance budget.

Then Sunak wants praise for spending some of the HS2 money (we don’t have) on repairing a few roads, but not all of them.

Looks like we’re heading into bribe season

The Chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, has given strong hints that he wants to cut taxes in the spring Budget.

Mr Hunt told the BBC that countries with lower taxes have more "dynamic, faster growing economies".

In the Autumn Statement, the chancellor cut national insurance for workers by 2% and announced tax relief for businesses. 

If inflation falls this year, followed by lower interest rates, Mr Hunt may have headroom for further tax cuts. 

Mr Hunt was speaking during his visit to the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Switzerland, where he is hoping to lure more investment to Britain. 

He said the "direction of travel" indicates that economies growing faster than the UK, in North America and Asia tend to have lower taxes.

"I believe fundamentally that low-tax economies are more dynamic, more competitive and generate more money for public services like the NHS," he added.

A low tax economy is good, if it can be afforded.

link

15 hours ago, Genie said:

The state of the roads is something else they’re getting away with somehow.

Mainly local council responsibility, thats how they get away with that one. Of course all the years of austerity where they underfunded councils and forced them to cut corners has nothing to do with it

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mainly local council responsibility, thats how they get away with that one. Of course all the years of austerity where they underfunded councils and forced them to cut corners has nothing to do with it

It’s worse than that here.

Local (borough) council have no responsibility for the roads. It’s the County council who have responsibility, but not the money, to repair the roads.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A real man of the people.

Sorry love, I’m only here to say that the backlog is down to those striking and I’ve said my bit byyyyye

• Like 1

Â