The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

21 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Good lads, get that bill voted down.

Neither of them are getting re-elected and they know it, so they don’t give a shit. This is all about personal optics with the Throbbers and their future media jobs when they get booted out.

For those that are more politically savvy than I, and most who post here are, if the government lose the vote on Rwanda tomorrow would that be the end of Sunak? With all the Tory (extreme) right wing in favour of more Draconian amendments, and the resignations today, is this something that really could happen?

I read in the guardian that it's a possibility, but I think that's more in hope than actuality.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

For those that are more politically savvy than I, and most who post here are, if the government lose the vote on Rwanda tomorrow would that be the end of Sunak? With all the Tory (extreme) right wing in favour of more Draconian amendments, and the resignations today, is this something that really could happen?

I read in the guardian that it's a possibility, but I think that's more in hope than actuality.

I suspect the right of the party will let Sunak stumble on and take the hit at the next election. Then they will swing the party to the far right of their membership once in opposition

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Historically, it possibly would lead to a PM falling on their sword. A tentpole piece of legislation not receiving the backing of their party would basically question their legitimacy and prompt a leadership change potentially. Given we're in an election year that would most likely switch to an election instead.

But we don't really do things like that anymore so regardless what happens Sunak will style it out and stick to the plan of calling an election in the autumn, post conferences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

All the stuff that Chindie said, but also they're not going to lose it unless something really odd happens. 

The number of people who voted for the amendment was almost certainly not enough to vote against the bill to make it fail. 

And if there is any risk, they'll just pull the vote and say how they've heard the voices of colleagues and know that there are changes they need to make etc, precisely to avoid the embarrassment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I highly doubt they’ll lose the vote on the actual bill. If they do then the policy is effectively dead along with the prospect of removing us from the echr the hardliners want. It confirms Sunak as a busted flush and makes the spring general election none of them want more likely.

The whole thing is just a shambles from start to finish though. How much time and money has been spent on this when the rest of the country has been hurting badly and just wants them to get on with fixing the economy, nhs and pretty much everything else they’ve broken.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s dead anyway, we know it, they know it. It’s just at which point it receives the final blow (kw).

We all know it’s unworkable but it’s not dead until the Tory throbbers who want to pull us out of the echr have crawled back into their holes. There’s always the danger that we’ll get someone dangerous or a useful idiot like truss or Johnson who’ll just make the decision to bulldoze it through regardless of how unworkable, illegal or immoral it is.

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

We all know it’s unworkable but it’s not dead until the Tory throbbers who want to pull us out of the echr have crawled back into their holes. There’s always the danger that we’ll get someone dangerous or a useful idiot like truss or Johnson who’ll just make the decision to bulldoze it through regardless of how unworkable, illegal or immoral it is.

All the way through to the Lords, or the ECHR who will reject it.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

All the way through to the Lords, or the ECHR who will reject it.

That’s what the throbbers want… look at these forin corts and what they do to us.

Thats what they want as the battleground for the election. Brexit V2 (ironic it’s a Nazi missile)

• Like 2

They're STILL banging on about their plan to reduce inflation.  Will no one challenge any of the **** wits about what their "plan" is? 

Just now, sidcow said:

They're STILL banging on about their plan to reduce inflation.  Will no one challenge any of the **** wits about what their "plan" is? 

Well it failed this month. It rose again

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well it failed this month. It rose again

Yes, minor glitch in the masterplan apparently. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I highly doubt they’ll lose the vote on the actual bill. If they do then the policy is effectively dead along with the prospect of removing us from the echr the hardliners want

There is no possibility of that happening in this Parliament. I fully expect it'll form part of a Tory election manifesto at some point in the next decade, but it's not a 2024 issue to worry about. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

Â