The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect the factions are only agreeing to vote for it on the first reading to get to the other side of Xmas

I thought this, they know their Christmas plans will be in tatters if they don’t nod this through to the next stage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I suspect the factions are only agreeing to vote for it on the first reading to get to the other side of Xmas

I know they don't like to work over Christmas, nobody does. However it's just another example of what's best for them. I don't feel I'm particularly politically aware, but I get frustrated that so many people do not make enough of things like this. However, the Tory media are largely to blame too.

Enough has come out in the media and on social media now though to show Rishi is a dead man walking. The only reason he called the early salmon breakfast this morning is to prop up support for him, and nothing really to do with Rwanda.

6 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I know they don't like to work over Christmas, nobody does. However it's just another example of what's best for them. I don't feel I'm particularly politically aware, but I get frustrated that so many people do not make enough of things like this. However, the Tory media are largely to blame too.

Enough has come out in the media and on social media now though to show Rishi is a dead man walking. The only reason he called the early salmon breakfast this morning is to prop up support for him, and nothing really to do with Rwanda.

Rwanda is all about him. Let’s be clear, it’s has very little to do with illegal immigration, if they genuinely think it does then they really are in James Cleverley’s words Batshit Crazy.

For the Right of the party it’s all about leaving the ECHR and in a theme mentioned by others above, that really is another step on the road to authoritarianism.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

If the government lose the vote tonight then a VONC in the PM has to immediately follow surely?

Then it’s either bring in another clown or announce a GE I assume.

Do you mean an internal Tory VONC as in letters to the 1922 committee? Or a confidence vote in the house?

I can't keep up with these factions of Tory, ERG, New Conservatives, One Nation Conservatives. Its like Dantes circle of words removed. I suppose the reasonable thing is they are collected into groups, New Conservatives, really racist words removed, ERG, powerful words removed that hate europe, One Nation Conservatives, words removed who want to give people the rug to pull out from under them, I guess the thing that unites them is that they are words removed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I can't keep up with these factions of Tory, ERG, New Conservatives, One Nation Conservatives. Its like Dantes circle of words removed. I suppose the reasonable thing is they are collected into groups, New Conservatives, really racist words removed, ERG, powerful words removed that hate europe, One Nation Conservatives, words removed who want to give people the rug to pull out from under them, I guess the thing that unites them is that they are words removed.

The fact there’s several factions all pulling in different directions, who rarely have the good of the country at the top of their priorities, within the same party tells you all you need to know about why the Tories are so ****.

It must be almost as bad as the Man United dressing room.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

The anti-Europe ones, just sack them off. They had their big moment in the sun and couldn’t come up with anything. 

A million downsides, and nothing of note at all to offset.

Thanks all, but you’re no longer relevant. 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do you mean an internal Tory VONC as in letters to the 1922 committee? Or a confidence vote in the house?

See if the Rwanda Bill fails at some point, someone could manufacture a VONC in the HoC just to ram home that the Party in Government can’t get their own flagship policy through parliament but all the members of that party will vote to keep themselves in power. We haven’t had one for a while but it would only be for the amusement of the onlookers

• Like 1

Imagine if there were factions and groupings within Labour attempting to hijack them and their voters to roll out policies ‘normal’ people don’t want.

The ‘papers would be all over it, the tv news would be all over it, and shouting that they mustn’t be elected for a decade and then only after they’ve expelled everyone that deviates from one nation toryism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Problem is, that only helps one faction. The One Nation lot are keen to do that as it kicks the whole thing into the long grass.

The nutty lot have realised that if they don't set fire to it now, there's probably a chance they never get the opportunity to in all the Lords / Committee / Amendment stuff. But they probably don't have the numbers, so they're in a bit of a bind about "their" bit of the party looking weak if they go for it, and their point of view being relegated to a position of as irrelevance if they don't.

The conundrums you can face when you're an idiot. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Imagine you went to a meeting with people that hold your values and Gullis and Anderson were there. You would question why you got into politics.

and Lee Anderson is somehow the most confident person in the room. Absolutely zero self awareness.

• Like 1

Â