The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

So Sunak appears to be sticking with the Rwanda plan and will change domestic law in order to do it.

Has he actually read the judgement?

He says he will, but he wont. If he was willing to go down that road he'd have just done it already with Suella (I'm mixed race so I can't be a massive racist) Braverman in the home office and saved himself the time and money with the court cases.

• Like 1

More yougov fun

The government's plan to send asylum seekers to Rwanda has been ruled unlawful by the Supreme Court. 👨‍⚖️

Are you surprised at this decision?

I am not surprised 👎
📊 Live results
  • I am surprised 👍

9%
  • I am not surprised 👎

90%
  • Not sure 🤔

1%

Only 10% of people think of the policy had gone ahead it would stop most or all of the boats 

Had the Rwanda plan gone ahead, do you think it would have effectively prevented the small boat crossings? 🤔

It would have prevented hardly any or none of them
Others said…
  • It would have prevented all or most of them

10%
  • It would have prevented some of them

25%
  • It would have prevented hardly any or none of them

64%
  • Not sure

0%

This is probably the most worrying one of all, 29% of respondents think we should withdraw from the ECHR.

In your view, should the UK withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR)?

It should not 👎
📊 Live results
  • It should 👍

29%
  • It should not 👎

68%
  • Not sure 🤔

3%

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Of the 29% that want to withdraw from the ECHR there should be a second question with a text box for answers: What is the ECHR?

if it gets rid of the illegals then let’s do it, why not? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s forrin innit. I was born here you caaaaant, I don’t get a free house. Where’s your **** poppy?

It’s the same short sightedness that gave us Brexit.

Theres something with a thousand upsides, but if we leave it we can do something about those foreigners*. Shall we do it? 
Yeah!!

Engurlaaaaaand

Engurlaaaaaand

Engurlaaaaaand

*actually it’ll make no difference, and it turns out the foreigners are good for the country.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sunak saying he’s not happy because an independent court without party affiliation looked at the evidence without prejudice and decided Rwanda definitely wasn’t safe when parliament populated by a combination of right wing Tory scumbags and spineless Tory scumbags who were whipped to tow the party line decided it definitely is.

Edited by desensitized43

4 minutes ago, meregreen said:

He’s going to pass an emergency law, to enable them to ignore…..the law. Party of law and order my arse. If they get away with this, no laws are safe. We’re becoming a banana republic under this lot.

If that route to getting what you want is legitimate, then how incompetent were they not to have done that in the first place?

Of course, if it isn’t legitimate, then it’s another step towards that banana republic where the likes of Braverman, Gullis, and Anderson make up shit on the hoof.

How does Sunak expect this latest move to play out? They change the law and declare Rwanda a safe country and people just accept it and move on?

Of course not.

There will be challenges to it, and on the basis nothing has changed to make it any safer I’d expect them to win.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Next question for Mr Sunak, you’ve stated you’re the party of law and order, yet the deputy party chairman is suggesting breaking / ignoring the law to send migrants to Rwanda illegally… what’s your view on that?

Apparently ITV reporter said she asked Rishi Sunak if he’d sack 30p Lee for this comment and he responded to say he understood Lee’s frustration. 

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also, why are they talking about 'returns' to Rwanda? 

Well they have only just appointed a minister for common sense, so I imagine she will need to get settled in first before sorting all this sillyness out.

Criminal gangs move people from all corners of the world to the UK, what’s to stop them setting up in Rwanda and moving the new recruits back to the UK? I doubt Rwanda will work very hard to stop them having these people taken off their hands.

43 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also, why are they talking about 'returns' to Rwanda? 

Because it's a sequel. They'll need a new name for each failed atte. 

I'm looking forward to Revenge of The Suella. 

Â