The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with this kind of thinking is that this is where we live, whilst it’s funny to see them in turmoil I don’t want my home to become even more of a shithole just for the lols.

But what lols they would be. 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem with this kind of thinking is that this is where we live, whilst it’s funny to see them in turmoil I don’t want my home to become even more of a shithole just for the lols.

Why would your home become more of a shithole because the Tories are ripping themselves new holes that no-one thought possible? They'll only be around another 6 to 9 months in reality. They aren’t going to suddenly in fight their way to being re-electable

He seems strangely confused by whether he wants to wage war or make peace - which is probably for the best - there's a potential situation here where he absolutely goes for her, makes a very public thing of getting rid of his party's lunatic fringe, removes 30p Lee, the haunted pencil and one or two more of the really visible throbbers before strolling to election victory on the back of all those traditional centre right voters, so coveted by Mr Starmer, coming back to him in droves on the idea that they've got "their" Tory party back.

Thankfully, he doesn't seem to have the will for that war, nor hopefully the time, but I don't like the idea - there are an awful lot of 'regular' Tory voters who are quite happy to see the back of her - thankfully the party itself is seemingly far too mental to pick up on that.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would your home become more of a shithole because the Tories are ripping themselves new holes that no-one thought possible? 

Whilst they are fighting with each other they aren’t doing what the should be doing. Fixing the roads, improving the NHS, stopping the strikes, improving the energy network, getting inflation down, processing migrant applications etc etc etc, all the stuff they are paid to do but aren’t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Whilst they are fighting with each other they aren’t doing what the should be doing. Fixing the roads, improving the NHS, stopping the strikes, improving the energy network, getting inflation down, processing migrant applications etc etc etc, all the stuff they are paid to do but aren’t.

The only one of those things they have any interest in is bringing inflation down and it’s beyond their control. In the space of time left to them, they won't be able to affect much of that anyway. Better to have them infighting, it means they'll actually manage to achieve less harm

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

In fairness mate I see it that whilst they are infighting then they haven't got the time or collective will to do anymore damage to all the things you mention and more. Any period over the last 14 years when they have been united enough to implement change it has always been for the worse. 

I'm more than happy to see them spend the next year stabbing each other in the front (the days of them bothering to back stab are long gone) as whilst they are pre occupied with that they aren't doing more damage to us. 

• Like 2

Just now, markavfc40 said:

In fairness mate I see it that whilst they are infighting then they haven't got the time or collective will to do anymore damage to all the things you mention and more. Any period over the last 14 years when they have been united enough to implement change it has always been for the worse. 

I'm more than happy to see them spend the next year stabbing each other in the front (the days of them bothering to back stab are long gone) as whilst they are pre occupied with that they aren't doing more damage to us. 

Maybe I was giving them too much credit thinking they had to collective skill set to fix something :lol: 

No doubt Sunak leads them into the general election next year and loses then the party membership pick a right wing leader like Braverman or Badernoch. just hope Labour don't mess up to let a right wing Tory Goverment back in 5 years.

Never known a more toxic party in my life.. 13 years of austerity then Brexit which allowed the likes of Johnson, Truss and Sunak in to lead our country 

• Like 1

People Polling have a new poll out for GBeebies. Fieldwork done after the shuffle headlines of Braverman out and Cameron in etc and as much as PP are consistently showing the Tory vote at very much the lower end of the polling, they have the Tories 19% (-2) and Labour 49% (+4) a gap of 30 points.

I don’t believe PPs figures, I think they are consistently off but it is interesting just as a trend within their polls that the reshuffle has had a negative effect.

Tories on 19% is rather fanciful as is their Reform figure of 11% (+1), that’s 2 points above the LibDems. I suspect there is some inbuilt bias in their polling as they consistently underplay the Tory vote and overplay Reform

But it’s the movement that interests me with them and not the actual figures

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Rwanda plan was unlawful, rules supreme court. Cruella's gotta be pissed off - bet she had a whole strategy set up to make the most of being its architect. 

It was all part of her plan to get the UK out the European Court of Human Rights. That'll be the line all the Brexit throbbers push. Europe is telling us what we can do, Brexit means Brexit all over again 

• Like 2

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

It was all part of her plan to get the UK out the European Court of Human Rights. That'll be the line all the Brexit throbbers push. Europe is telling us what we can do, Brexit means Brexit all over again 

Which in turn is gonna put a grenade under Sunak's plan to take shelter in the centre ground. Where's me popcorn...

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

I genuinely wonder how many of them realise the ECHR is nothing to do with the EU and we'd be joining a very exclusive club of Russia and Belarus in being not signed up to the ECHR

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Which in turn is gonna put a grenade under Sunak's plan to take shelter in the centre ground. Where's me popcorn...

Sunak could play it as all Cruella's fault that it failed

I doubt he will but he could

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

That's the thing with right wing politics. There's got to an enemy to get people all angry. It's just the lowest, most base form of politics. We want to do a bunch of nasty horrible things but those [insert courts, foreigners, brown folk, lefties, snowflakes, wokerati] over there won't let us.

• Like 3

So Sunak starts the day claiming credit for something that is f all to do with anything he has done - the fall in inflation. Then within a couple of hours gets the news his governments Rwanda plan is unlawful which over shadows the news he was wrongly claiming credit for. The guy can't catch a break can he. Love it. 

• Like 3

Â