The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I blame boris farage and gove more than cameron. Brain washing stupid people with all the lies and crap like the money for nhs etc 

True, but there was little from Cameron and Remain to counter it. The lies were left unquestioned and so they stuck.

I’ll leave it at that as it’s taking us off topic. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Sorry, what do you mean?

It’s widely considered Sunak is a dead man walking. Either before or after the GE he’ll be gone. Someone will replace him.

Sure. But by what mechanism does that person become David Cameron?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry, what do you mean?

It’s widely considered Sunak is a dead man walking. Either before or after the GE he’ll be gone. Someone will replace him.

Cameron would have to become an MP first if he wanted to be leading from the Commons.

Just now, Genie said:

The same mechanism other likely candidates Nigel Farage or Boris Johnson would become leader.

Neither of those will be the next Tory leader either. Or even be plausible candidates to be the next Tory leader. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry, what do you mean?

Cameron is not an MP, he can't be leader of the Tory Party and not be an MP, it just isn't practical apart from anything else. As a Lord (I presume that is coming) he won't even be allowed inside the commons chamber

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Cameron is not an MP, he can't be leader of the Tory Party and not be an MP, it just isn't practical apart from anything else. As a Lord (I presume that is coming) he won't even be allowed inside the commons chamber

Yes, I understand that. He’s in a slightly better position to become PM than others touted for the job who are also not currently an MP.

Maybe he doesn’t even want the job again, I was just saying people can’t talk about Farage or Johnson getting the job but then completely dismiss Cameron as an impossibility.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Seems veey complicated 

Can he become a mp if he is a lord?

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Already done. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Cameron confirmed as Foreign Secretary. Always a bad sign when a show has to bring back characters that they killed off in a earlier series. 

Guy in my office just said he thinks Cameron will do a good job and that Brexit "wasn't really his fault"

I mean... it was though wasn't it?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Seems veey complicated 

Can he become a mp if he is a lord?

Yes, but he would need to relinquish his Lord's seat. Douglas Hume did this on the 60s when he was PM for 5 minutes. Which Cameron isn't going to do. He won't want to be PM again.

• Thanks 1

So is this correct, now Cameron is a peer, he can't enter the house of Commons? If he stood is a Tory safe seat (do they currently exist???) and won, could he enter the commons, and then potentially be elevated to leader via their internal processes?

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

So is this correct, now Cameron is a peer, he can't enter the house of Commons? If he stood is a Tory safe seat (do they currently exist???) and won, could he enter the commons, and then potentially be elevated to leader via their internal processes?

He could only stand as an MP again if he relinquished his baronetcy. He could then do all of that stuff that you mention.

But (a) he won't. And (b) definitely not in the time frame in which they will be looking for Sunak's successor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

So is this correct, now Cameron is a peer, he can't enter the house of Commons? If he stood is a Tory safe seat (do they currently exist???) and won, could he enter the commons,

Well he entered a pig a few times

• Like 1

Â