The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I think most people are still in shock having watched that video. But you have to wonder why now, and I really want to know who released it. That's been sat on throughout the process, when it could have very much helped earlier. Whoever had it, and has released it is as poisonous to us all as the clearings in the woods who feature in it - it's one of them - and they are once again profiting from this as it serves their agenda. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Out of interest if they were staunch Labour why do they read the Daily Mail? Presuming that isn’t the case do you know what changed their mind? 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Tittle tattle, gossip and the rest just seeps in eventually by some sort of (lack of) intellectual osmosis. 

Think this and Brexit to be honest. Suspect some isolation as well and thinking the worlds against them (exacerbated by nonsense of the DM).

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think most people are still in shock having watched that video. But you have to wonder why now, and I really want to know who released it. That's been sat on throughout the process, when it could have very much helped earlier. Whoever had it, and has released it is as poisonous to us all as the clearings in the woods who feature in it - it's one of them - and they are once again profiting from this as it serves their agenda. 

Like with everything that an associate of the Tory party does, because it suits them. They have tarnished the reputation of everything and will take years, if not decades to recover from. By which time the Tories will have sorted themselves out again so if anyone else makes an error, they can justify taking power again.

Off topic a little, but the rule of locking down care homes and not letting family members even visit was the worse for me, was never needed to be so strict. Face mask and hands washed, you could have easily visited your possibly dying loved one. 

All the bullshit an now these videos coming out make it even more shocking!!

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

but the rule of locking down care homes and not letting family members even visit was the worse for me, was never needed to be so strict

Letting it get to the care homes in the first place by discharging people from hospital to care homes whilst they had COVID was the real scandal here. Once they'd done that they had to do what you've described as a bad idea, there would be countless thousands more dead people if they hadn't done that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Off topic a little, but the rule of locking down care homes and not letting family members even visit was the worse for me, was never needed to be so strict. Face mask and hands washed, you could have easily visited your possibly dying loved one. 

I don't resent the harsher rules at the time, we didn't know what we know now, it was impossible to know - I had very much unexpected open heart surgery bang in the middle but got on with it on my own because on balance I agreed with the rules. I don't resent folks that disagree with the rules. But I really do resent those that made the rules and then laughed in our faces. 

• Like 4

The way the evidence has ramped up you have to think the cherry on the icing on the cake is going to be damning video(s) of Boris partying away, perhaps one or two other then-serving cabinet ministers.

The manner in which the rumours, information and evidence have come out over the past 18 months or so seems to be 100% orchestrated to continue it in the public eye for as long as possible whilst also getting increasingly more difficult for the Tory party to defend, which serves to just ridicule all the previous defences too. It’s quite magnificent actually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Curious to know who / how the video has emerged - there is an agenda here, is it to dismiss the honours list? 

If I were a betting man, my money would be on nothing as Machievellian as that.

I would guess: young, ambitious Tory staffer with eyes on the Tory PPC list has spent two and a half years sitting on this footage that he took, panicking that it might end his career if it ever got out.

But now realises that a big election defeat for a tired party isn't as appealing as flogging it to the Mirror for £50,000 and taking his chances on the future. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Jareth for me has hit the nail on the head. Why now? There must be a reason. 

The people in that video, having that conversation absolutely know who took the video and whoever took that video is as guilty as the rest of them, so surely that must come out in any investigation.

But it's also possible that the person who passed that video on to the Mirror wasn't the person who took it

The reason could be absolutely anything from the above speculated jealousy at some of the others getting gongs, through to someone from Sunak's side doing it to find the excuse to completely dump all of Johnson's honours list ("We're at rock bottom anyway....")

• Like 2

The thing I don't get with partygate is that putting aside how they were breaking rules whilst everyone else was punished if they did. 

These people knew precisely how dangerous covid was and why the rules were in place to begin with.

Yet they completely ignored all that and partied away putting their own and their loved ones health's at risk.

It's like deciding to play in traffic with a blindfold on.

It's incredibly stupid, and these were the morons running the country. 

8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I would guess: young, ambitious Tory staffer with eyes on the Tory PPC list has spent two and a half years sitting on this footage that he took, panicking that it might end his career if it ever got out.

But now realises that a big election defeat for a tired party isn't as appealing as flogging it to the Mirror for £50,000 and taking his chances on the future. 

Very plausible. I hope the info comes out. 

Even GB News' presenter lost it at this vid. That's no compliment to them, but goes to show the power of it. 

Edited by Jareth

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The thing I don't get with partygate is that putting aside how they were breaking rules whilst everyone else was punished if they did. 

These people knew precisely how dangerous covid was and why the rules were in place to begin with.

Yet they completely ignored all that and partied away putting their own and their loved ones health's at risk.

It's like deciding to play in traffic with a blindfold on.

It's incredibly stupid, and these were the morons running the country. 

Filming themselves breaking the law is like a bank robber filming themselves stuffing pound notes into their swag bag. 

I’m not sure what annoys me the most, the idiots in government or the idiots that voted to put them there. 

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Very plausible. I hope the info comes out. 

Although, giving it a few more minutes thought - I'd raise it to somewhere in between your initial thoughts and mine.

i.e young, poor staffer sells his party footage to The Mirror for £50k, they sit on it for a year for when Shaun Bailey is next in the news and can be linked back to the wider story.

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Filming themselves breaking the law is like a bank robber filming themselves stuffing pound notes into their swag bag. 

I’m not sure what annoys me the most, the idiots in government or the idiots that voted to put them there. 

It would be like filming themselves robbing bank whilst also playing Russian roulette. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

It would be like filming themselves robbing bank whilst also playing Russian roulette. 

Exactly what they’ve been doing with the economy for 12yrs. 

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Although, giving it a few more minutes thought - I'd raise it to somewhere in between your initial thoughts and mine.

i.e young, poor staffer sells his party footage to The Mirror for £50k, they sit on it for a year for when Shaun Bailey is next in the news and can be linked back to the wider story.

That would be an offence under Section 5 (1) of the 1967 Criminal Law Act, concealing evidence

Where a person has committed [F1a relevant offence], any other person who, knowing or believing that the offence or some [F2other relevant offence] has been committed, and that he has information which might be of material assistance in securing the prosecution or conviction of an offender for it, accepts or agrees to accept for not disclosing that information any consideration other than the making good of loss or injury caused by the offence, or the making of reasonable compensation for that loss or injury, shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for not more that two years.

legislation.gov.uk

which would add a whole new layer of amusement if the Mirror were prosecuted for that

• Thanks 1

Â