The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Also recommends that he should not receive a former member's pass - so de facto banned from the Commons.

Very funny stuff. Let's hope he doesn't go quietly. 

He's definitely not gone quietly. A few Tory MP's also coming out with some pretty hilarious stuff.

Amazing how people can rise to such positions and still not have the political savvy to know when they're looking like cultish fools. There's no benefit to lashing yourself to a sinking raft.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

See Mental Mickey is on the telly again today...

image.png

I only found out yesterday that he was shacked up with Andy Street. 

Street seems fairly normal, what's on earth does he see in that nutter! 

Must be the hair. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Shocked 1

Boris managed to dig himself an even bigger hole than he was already in

The Privileges Committee substantially increased the suggested sanction against Boris Johnson in light of his behaviour in recent days.

Its report says at this stage last week the committee “had provisionally concluded” that Johnson deliberately misled the House and should be sanctioned for it by being suspended for a period that could lead to a by-election – ie 10 days or more.

But, the MPs write, “in light of Mr Johnson’s conduct in committing a further contempt on 9 June 2023, the Committee now considers that if Mr Johnson were still a Member he should be suspended from the service of the House for 90 days for repeated contempt's and for seeking to undermine the parliamentary process.”

In other words, his repeated public statements, including labelling the committee a “kangaroo court” increased the severity of their proposed punishment.

The report says this statement by Johnson last week was a “very serious contempt” because he breached confidentiality and knew the committee couldn’t respond publicly.

I understand the increase in the proposed sanction was dramatic – the sanction would have been nowhere near 90 days had Johnson said nothing publicly until now.

While this is rather academic given Boris Johnson’s voluntary departure from the Commons, it is a measure of the anger felt by the committee at how the former prime minister has chosen to behave since Friday.

link

He is a proven liar, that will continue lying. He is also a petulant word removed. Still some people felt and indeed do feel that he was the right man to lead the country. 

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A good man, brought low by the dark incestuous forces of the relentlessly left wing establishment.

He nearly died for our sins, and this is how we repay him?

We don’t deserve real leadership if this is how we reward it.

Thoughts and prayers to his families.

He almost died to give me the right to have a dark blue passport.  

God bless you Boris. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

He almost died to give me the right to have a dark blue passport.  

God bless you Boris. 

It is very dark blue isn’t it. I’ve got a new one and I think the casual observer in less than science lab lighting conditions might describe it as… black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's got to be a general election now. The Tory infighting is only going to get worse, and you can bet your bottom dollar Johnson will go full scorched earth to get back at Sunak and anyone remotely against him. Sunak is going to be more concerned with fighting Bunter than talking with striking doctors, sorting the cost of living crisis etc...

People have had enough and want a fresh start.

• Like 1

I just had a look at some Boris Johnson supporters groups on Facebook, absolutely terrifying that they can hold such positive views on a man who has done so much harm.

The popular comment seems to be that he’s been hounded out to get back at him for Brexit.

I’m not sure what that means tbh.

9 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

There's got to be a general election now.

There hasn't and there won't be. There is literally no mechanism for it and the Tories aren't going to voluntarily roll over and die any earlier than they have to

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The popular comment seems to be that he’s been hounded out to get back at him for Brexit.

The Tories hounded him out of his own party in revenge for something most of them are onside with

Opinions like that are simply insane

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

There hasn't and there won't be. There is literally no mechanism for it and the Tories aren't going to voluntarily roll over and die any earlier than they have to

I understand that there's no reason or precedent for this, but morally and ethically the Tories should go to the country in my opinion. They're a complete mess.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I understand that there's no reason or precedent for this, but morally and ethically the Tories should go to the country in my opinion. They're a complete mess.

Out of curiosity, if you had a cushy job and control over the date of your work review, would you bend the rules so the review happened whilst you were mid way through a huge **** up that was costing your company billions?

• Like 4

Â