The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

43 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

obvious what the end goal is really, it’s written right there. 

They know they will very soon be out of power and unable to influence it as before. They're terrified of what a truly independent or worse for them Labour controlled BBC will call them out for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

obvious what the end goal is really, it’s written right there. 

While Johnson and Dorries and the like were in charge it seemed much more likely. Now not so much. The channel 4 privatisation thing has been or will be scrapped, and there's not the political will to do anything to the BBC, it's just a continual nibbling away and kicking the can down the road from the actual government ministers again. The likes of the throbbers aren't in chanrge any more, or not so much.

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The caller is absolutely right, of course. As was Lineker.

The "problem" is the way that it's been kind of twisted. So here's the thing, while he's right about the language, that reference back to the 1930s invokes collective inagery of 1940s Germany and Nazis and the holocaust. And that's then used (wrongly) to take offence about being compared to Nazis who murdered 6- 8 million jews an it all escalates. I despise the Tories, but they're not mass murderers. It's all just mad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I despise the Tories, but they're not mass murderers...

Having sat in a residential home for the elderly with Covid running rampant, I disagree.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Having sat in a residential home for the elderly with Covid running rampant, I disagree.

Gross Negligence, yes and I posted about it in the virus thread before it became a media issue.  Manslaughter if you’re harsh, but deliberately killing people, no. It just weakens the argument.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Gross Negligence, yes and I posted about it in the virus thread before it became a media issue.  Manslaughter if you’re harsh, but deliberately killing people, no. It just weakens the argument.

I know whose arguments are looking weak Mate.

Funny thing is there was a good news story yesterday for the Tories with the economy growing (a very tinsy bit) which has been completely wiped off the front pages by a shit storm of their own making. 

43 minutes ago, Xann said:

Got a date with a happy hour.

When you in London?

I'd love to, Dave. No idea when I'm next in that London, maybe spring/Summer time with a bit of luck (i.e. Avanti Trains not being an utter unreliable disaster).

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I'd love to, Dave. No idea when I'm next in that London, maybe spring/Summer time with a bit of luck (i.e. Avanti Trains not being an utter unreliable disaster).

oopsies-ohno.gif

Apparently The UK have signed a joint energy sharing agreement with France relating to Nuclear and Green energy. 

Sunak must be waking on eggshells.. The nutters didn't want him in the first place, he's messing about improving relationships with The EU, France and messing with Brexit agreements and Northern Ireland. 

They must be seething 😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Â