The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

One in one out. Every dinghy jockey faces off against a nominated local.

A comprehension test, with an essay on critical thinking as a tie breaker.

Second prize is a flight to Rwanda.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

These modern day slaves are being given a car and a sat nav?

They aren't going to be slaves very long

There almost certainly are people driving taxis on other peoples credentials. They will be people with criminal records or people the council will refuse a licence to

Not given, let's say I have a taxi licence or Uber drivers status and lend my.car and licence  to Mr" not on the books " I still get paid and just give them a cut out if it. 

I'm 90% sure I have used Ubers who's drivers are very fresh to the country. 

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

You're yet again tying yourself in knots. Asylum seekers are not the same as illegal immigrants. I can only assume it's deiberate at this stage

The comment you made was about asylum seekers. Asylum seekers by their very status ARE in the system and can't work

No one else in this topic has been talking about illegal immigrants

Remeber this, you'll need to, illegal immigrants are not the same as asylum seekers

Your just being pedantic now. There generally on the same ***** boat.

• Haha 2

Funny how he won't give a reply about whether he favours us setting up safe, and accessible routes we'll consider "legal", as well as better funding of asylum processing.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Funny how he won't give a reply about whether he favours us setting up safe, and accessible routes we'll consider "legal", as well as better funding of asylum processing.

Just not got round to it. 

Would be great wouldn't it, but not sure any country has a full proof system.

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I don't think anyone disagrees. 

So. What's the plan? Fix the problem for us.

This is the thing. All these home truths from road life that are being dropped on the VT Wokerati, and it’s all stuff we all accept is true anyway.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That's just like saying, stop Villa losing. 

Sure. And the on-topic section of the forum has literally thousands of posts suggesting ways to help make that happen. Some are based on tactical analysis and some are "release Bailey on a free and sign Mbappe". Not all solutions are of equal validity.

You seem more upset than most on this thread about this issue. So I'm curious about what you would suggest to fix it. 

Edited by ml1dch

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Sure. And the on-topic section of the forum has literally thousands of posts suggesting ways to help make that happen.

You seem more upset than most on this thread about this issue. So I'm curious about what you would suggest to fix it. 

Well, he's already said.  Just stop at one of the other countries en route.

As long as those pesky foreigners aren't in the UK, who gives a ****?

Edit:  I say pesky foreigners, it's probably just the non-white ones.  The Ukraine lot were probably OK.

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Well, he's already said.  Just stop at one of the other countries en route.

Well, that's not something in the control of the UK government and is currently not happening. 

So unless UK asylum policy is going to be reduced to shouting how unfair everything is, it needs something with a bit more meat on the bones.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've conflated the two very regularly today, so without directly saying it, you've said it

No, I've actually spoke about both, that illegals also come over on small boats, an they don't all enter the system.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Your just being pedantic now. There generally on the same ***** boat.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Stop being so idealistic??

So there's no illegals in the country working or just avoiding the system. There's f**** loads. They don't all come here on a dingy then straight to the nearest processing centre like good little asylum seekers, although most would like to think it.

Coming on boats/dingys has got to stop, I'm sure most of you would love it living down the coast with hundreds coming in every week.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Chap, there's 1000s of illegals in the UK, 10s of thousands maybe, who haven't been through the system. If you have family friends here, you generally just go straight to them. There's asylum seekers been here for years and still don't speak a word of English, how do they work, claim??

Yes it may be a problem with the system, but it's so idealistic to think they all get off the boat, go straight to the nearest processing centre await a visa, get a job, house and live happily ever after. Seriously, there's a illegal at every set of traffic lights in every major city.

Just the last three examples of you conflating illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So every one that comes over on a small boat goes through the system, yes?

I don't know. But here's evidence from a Home Affairs Committee in 2020 that 98% of people who crossed went on to claim asylum:

https://committees.parliament.uk/oralevidence/793/default/

Abi Tierney: I will start again. Of those crossing this year, 98% claimed asylum, as Dan said. That was a very large majority. To date, 50% of those claims have been considered. Of those, 20% of those have been granted, 10% have been refused and a further 71% have been refused because we are not the responsible country, i.e., they have travelled through a safe country before they came here. 

Or research from 2022 that at least 60% of people making the crossing would succeed in gaining refugee status

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/news/majority-of-people-on-small-boats-crossing-channel-last-year-are-refugees-new-analysis-shows/#:~:text=Over 25%2C000 men%2C women and,all who made the journey.

At least six out of ten (60%) of all those who made the dangerous Channel crossing to the UK in small boats last year will be recognised as refugees through the asylum process, new analysis from the Refugee Council shows.

But I doubt you'll even bother to read the above or consider that you might have something to learn on this topic.

Side note, I'm increasingly of the view that some people that are a total waste of time, I never used to think that way though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not really, I was saying illegals also come on small boats.

Thats a very small part of what you said and no one has disputed it, it's prety undeniable, of course they do.

I've been on a bus with a wanted criminal, it doesn't make me the same as him.

Â