The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Sky News interviewing Rees-Mogg live now.  "I thought whips who I was working closely with today worked extremely hard".

No way! 

"Just one of the unfortunate communications that shouldn't have happened".  From a junior minister apparently :crylaugh:.

"You just waved your finger at me, I don't count that as bullying". 

"I didn't see everything apart from maybe someone affectionately patting someone on the back, but that doesn't count as bullying".

Edited by trekka

Crikey, reading Suella Braverman's resignation letter, she is really not keen on immigration is she? 3/4 of the letter is concentrating on the subject, it's virtually obsessive. 

I would imagine that the huge broad role of Home Secretary takes in a vast number of functions and responsibilities and immigration will only be a very very small part of that. 

It seems almost unhealthy her focus on this, how much other stuff has been or actually would have been neglected by her obsessive focus on this?

As I assume she is a product of immigrantion at some point in the past it's really bizarre. 

Edited by sidcow

So the top guys forced their subordinates to vote for something unpopular, but then didn't vote for it themselves, knowing they can then tell their constituents that they were the good guys who didn't vote for it.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So the top guys forced their subordinates to vote for something unpopular, but then didn't vote for it themselves, knowing they can then tell their constituents that they were the good guys who didn't vote for it.

Reading the reports, it sounds like Truss fully intended to vote but was so busy dealing with the resignation of her whips that she didn't get there in time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Reading the reports, it sounds like Truss fully intended to vote but was so busy dealing with the resignation of her whips that she didn't get there in time.

I genuinely thought that we had a Baldrick taking the advice of Pitt the Younger on how to vote for the Prince Regent moment.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Hmmm ... Maybe. Not sure I totally buy that line. It's a mess whatever though.

At least people are starting to call it out now, regardless of the reasons. 

I don't think she survives this now, backbenchers will be pummelling the door of the 1922 committee. They just can't let her continue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I apparently made the mistake of not reading the news this afternoon. This thread has got about 30 pages longer. Can someone summarise to me what's happened?

There’s an Ian Dunt tweet up thread that summed it up nicely at one point but little did we know at the time that it wasn’t even half time

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Crikey, reading Suella Braverman's resignation letter, she is really not keen on immigration is she? 3/4 of the letter is concentrating on the subject, it's virtually obsessive. 

I would imagine that the huge broad role of Home Secretary takes in a vast number of functions and responsibilities and immigration will only be a very very small part of that. 

It seems almost unhealthy her focus on this, how much other stuff has been or actually would have been neglected by her obsessive focus on this?

As I assume she is a product of immigrantion at some point in the past it's really bizarre. 

I think the anecdote is that should she put in place the restrictions she would wish for, her parents wouldn’t have been allowed in the country. 

Awful person quite frankly and her comments would be shocking on GB News/Fox News, let alone as the head voice of democratic government. 

Every day longer this government is in power it is going to be exponentially longer for the Tories to get in any position of real power.

Hopefully the other parties can sort it out so the system becomes fairer for everyone, not just the richest.

• Like 3

Politicians used to be serious people, responsible people. 

You may have disagreed with their policies or agenda, but at least they went about their work with a fair amount of dignity and decorum. 

What's happened is madness and probably another shit shit effect of the internet.  They're just all playing to social media. Trying to be outrageous and "out there" to make viral impacts and grab attention. And of course playing to the base instincts of the twitterarti. 

They're keyboard warriors given the keys to the country. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Â