The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He is just a polished performer. Of course he is also the man that laid the chickens that have been coming home to roost in the NHS.

Replace the first letter of his name with a C as that is exactly what he is.  A grade A one.

I have wondered when his NHS skeletons will be coming back to haunt him. Can’t be long.

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

This bit isn’t true, it was their (and Dominic Raab, Priti Patel +1) plan. They even wrote it all down in a book.

Britain Unchained

I’m pointing this out because it’s currently being portrayed by Truss and many quarters of the media as Truss’ plan. It’s no more her plan than it is many others. Those many others are often based in one building. 55 Tufton Street. The home of an awful lot of brexiteering climate denying think tanks with VERY shady funding

Truss and Kwarteng taking over the leadership of the Tory Party and the country was the final piece in the jigsaw of a plan that has been many years in the making. The economic nutters had literally captured the Tory party.

The party needs to lose as heavily as the current polling suggests to rid itself of its beasts and demons. Hopefully this has killed the Party if not for good for some many years to come.

But one thing is for sure, this isn’t just mad Lizzy’s plan. It is the plan of a lot of shady individuals and Truss is just the willing figurehead.

Don’t think getting rid of Truss will be the end, the Tories need to do much much more than that

She did promise in her run up to the vote debates she was going to immediately cut taxes if she was the chosen one. 

She was chosen, installed a chancellor and put her promise into place. 

Then sacked him when it went sour.

How was what I said wrong?

And Hunt is as big an economically illiterate weasel as Truss. The main plank of his policy, for which he managed to persuade 18 whole MPs to back him in his very poor most recent (out in the first round) Leadership bid was to reduce Corporation Tax to 15%, that's more f***witted than Truss and Kwarteng's plan.

He is no saviour of the Tory Party. They will not unite around him, nor I suspect will they around any single figure.

In some respects, right now, the One Nation Tories need to realise their party is deader than a dead thing and that their best chances of a political rebirth is as a completely new party. Their party has been had off by a bunch of disaster capitalists.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m aware she was part of a group who wrote a book on a form of economics. It doesn’t make what I wrote any less correct.

Yes, it does, it's not her plan. She just put her name to it. She's not leading this. It was also as much Kwarteng's plan as hers.

Just now, bickster said:

He wasn't following her order's either. She didn't need to tell him what to do

She’s his boss. She wrote a book on it. She promised she was going to do it. She did it.  She fired him, because she’s his boss :lol:

Just now, Genie said:

She’s his boss. She wrote a book on it. She promised she was going to do it. She did it.  She fired him, because she’s his boss :lol:

In name only, they wrote the book together, they awere co-conspiritors and it's highly likely that Kwarteng had the greater input into the crackpot ideology. She's as much his boss as Tony Blair was Gordon Brown's

Next you'll be suggesting that she's Jeremy Hunt's boss too

The point here is that it isn't just Truss. Pinning this all on Truss is a huge mistake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have wondered when his NHS skeletons will be coming back to haunt him. Can’t be long.

Can someone explain what Hunt did bad with the NHS? I don’t remember or wasn’t aware at the time.

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Can someone explain what Hunt did bad with the NHS? I don’t remember or wasn’t aware at the time.

A good summary here

Jeremy Hunt: New chancellor is the man who ruined the NHS

As the former health secretary is appointed to the Exchequer, his ministerial past puts paid to his ‘sensible’ image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love how she apologises and says she changed her mind so now it's all fixed. 

No Liz, it's not all fixed.  The damage is permanent.  For years people will be paying higher mortgage rates/losing their homes.  The Government will be paying higher borrowing costs that we will all have to shoulder and pension pots will be smaller than they should be for ever more.  All for no reason other than your **** up. 

You haven't fixed anything Liz, it will be there forever. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I love how she apologises and says she changed her mind so now it's all fixed. 

No Liz, it's not all fixed.  The damage is permanent.  For years people will be paying higher mortgage rates/losing their homes.  The Government will be paying higher borrowing costs that we will all have to shoulder and pension pots will be smaller than they should be for ever more.  All for no reason other than your **** up. 

You haven't fixed anything Liz, it will be there forever. 

Frustrating thing is she wasn’t even voted in by the people . As you say damage to normal working folk will last for years and longer . Her incompetence is truly criminal . 

• Like 2

Â