The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Get that but she was originally put forward by serving Tory MP’s right? 

She was nominated by an original 20 in order to stand. In the first round of MP voting, she got the backing of 30 more. That steadily increased as other candidates were eliminated and their support transferred to her, until 113 MPs backed her against the 137 who backed Sunak.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Get that but she was originally put forward by serving Tory MP’s right? 

Obviously. She's an ERG puppet

I said this a while ago but when you have a spare minute, have a look at the current list of Tory MPs. Look at the one's you've never heard of (which will be an awful lot) and then look how long they've actually been in parliament. A considerable number will have a) been there a very long time and b) never held a position of even minor importance. Lots of Tory MPs are just incapable of anything other than collecting a paycheck, claiming expenses and walking through the right door at the right time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

She was nominated by an original 20 in order to stand. In the first round of MP voting, she got the backing of 30 more. That steadily increased as other candidates were eliminated and their support transferred to her, until 113 MPs backed her against the 137 who backed Sunak.

So this could all be entirely deliberate then.

I’d imagine that the MP’s will have known that the chances of the Tory members choosing Sunak would be low, at best.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So this could all be entirely deliberate then.

I’d imagine that the MP’s will have known that the chances of the Tory members choosing Sunak would be low, at best.

He got over 60,000 votes to her 81,000 so not really “never gonna happen”.

I wonder how many would change their vote now if they could?

Just now, AshVilla said:

They can't can they.

I thought there has to be a year in between each one or something.

Any new leader is safe from a VONC for the first year of their time as leader. Unless they change the rules, which if enough of them say they want to, they would. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They didn’t need to in the end as his first line turned on him.

Then let's do that. 

Besides, there has not as yet been a VONC for Truss, just Boris. Does that help? I'm clutching at straws here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Then let's do that. 

Besides, there has not as yet been a VONC for Truss, just Boris. Does that help? I'm clutching at straws here.

No. Because the current rules say they can't be challenged in the first year, and I think the MPs probably know that the public isn't going to stomach another leadership naval-gaze even if they could get rid of her. 

Edited by ml1dch

Just now, ml1dch said:

No. Because the current rules say they can't be challenged in the first year, and I think the MPs probably know that the public isn't going to stomach another leadership naval-gaze even if they could get rid of her. 

Under the circumstances, I'll stomach it. Look at me stomaching it. This country is on the verge of self imposed economic implosion.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

For a laugh, I might write to Christopher Pincher and ask what his thoughts on all of this are.

One suspects his response would be along the lines of what are you wearing and do you like big old todgers.

• Haha 1

The BBC showed parts of the morning interviews on the 1pm news. 

Somehow they managed to pick only the bits where she sounded coherent and none of the bits which have been posted in this thread where she hasn't got a clue what is going on.

Â