The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think I am still in denial that Truss is going to be the next PM. Thicker than the thick end of a dead whale.

She will probably quote st francis of assisi and try to invade the Falklands again.

She’ll probably threaten war with all kinds of people because she seems to think, despite the catastrophe of Brexit, that talking tough is how you get things done.

30 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

All i keep hearing from Truss is this moratorium on the green energy levy.

It will save people about 150 pounds but isn't she aware that bills are going up to upwards of 5k in January.

Oh she's aware. She just either doesn't care or doesn't understand. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good on them for trying to do something about it!

Yeah -im just worried on the impact this will have on patients. More cancelled TCIs and outpatient appointments for people that have already having chronic waiting times

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah -im just worried on the impact this will have on patients. More cancelled TCIs and outpatient appointments for people that have already having chronic waiting times

The impact of the strikes sounds very similar to the impact of the government. 

The potential for strikes is at least there to try to change things. 

• Like 4

Truss’s plan to cut taxes will surge inflation and therefore industrial action across the board as refusal to pay those levels becomes widespread.

She certainly is the continuation of BJ candidate who can only think of what people want to hear 1 day at a time.

• Like 1

Arriva Bus drivers here have been on strike for a month solid. Voted to accept the latest pay deal and have gone back to work today. 11.1% Rise

That's on top of the Stagecoach drivers who received 11% after their very short action

Government aren't going to be happy at that. But I guess that's what happens when you privatise local transport

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

but its a 32 point lead over the other eejit

true. I do go back and forth on which is better from a "they can't possibly win a general election". But you worry that the amount of stupid that truss comes up with will resonate with a worryingly large population of cretin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

true. I do go back and forth on which is better from a "they can't possibly win a general election". But you worry that the amount of stupid that truss comes up with will resonate with a worryingly large population of cretin. 

At the minute the pair of them are just destroying the Tory Party.

They aren't winning anyone's support outside the Tory members, nothing they are saying is resonating with anyone

The British worker needs to graft more... she's single handedly handing the red wall back to Labour on a plate

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

They aren't winning anyone's support outside the Tory members, nothing they are saying is resonating with anyone

The British worker needs to graft more... she's single handedly handing the red wall back to Labour on a plate

Well, let's hope so. But never have memories been shorter when it comes to elections, and this is very easily forgettable come January 2025. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

and this is very easily forgettable come January 2025. 

The election will not be in January 2025, if it is, the Tories may well suffer their worst defeat ever because, things were already that bad for them that they left it until 17th December to call the election. No one will thank them for a General Election campaign over Xmas. If the election is in Jan 2025, it will be catastrophic for them

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If you didn’t get paid to do the job would you still care about the patients? Don’t let them use the qualities that got you into healthcare against you. 

Edited by Ingram85

47 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Well, let's hope so. But never have memories been shorter when it comes to elections, and this is very easily forgettable come January 2025. 

I don't think people will forget if they are saddled with 5k energy bills and the best the current incumbents can offer is a 150 pound green levy rebate and a tax cut which will do sweet fa for the poorest in society.

This is Labours election to lose imo, they will have to screw up colossally for the Tories to get back in for another term.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Couldn't agree more with these 2 statements.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

If you didn’t get paid to do the job would you still care about the patients? Don’t let them use the qualities that got you into healthcare against you. 

I do care probably abit too much as i see what the waits are like at the mo. Its horrible =(

Â