The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

You have to admire Boris’s determination not to change his ways.

Criticised for going on holiday earlier this month in the middle of a crisis he’s gone on holiday again this week. He is out of the door in 2 weeks but felt he needed to have a second holiday in 3 weeks whilst on the PM payroll. 

Conservative leadership candidate Liz Truss said British workers needed "more graft" in leaked comments.

In the recording, published by the Guardian, Ms Truss suggested Britons lacked the "skill and application" of foreign nationals.

Labour said her comments were "offensive" and "effectively brand British workers as lazy".

The foreign secretary did not deny making the comments and said productivity needed to improve.

Still, Brexit still worth it for the sovereignty.

Link

According to Truss we are lazy and need to work harder. Said as the PM takes another holiday during a cost of living crisis. Whilst where we’re all being paid less and less for more work. Because the government did so little to pre-empt fuel costs. And because their Brexit bulls**t meant that all the foreign workers we relied on have left the country. And while people are struggling or are going  to struggle to afford food, fuel and heating. Because energy costs have increased by 400%.

I'm trying to think of another government that has so brazenly taken the everloving piss out of the population that in theory gives them power. Nope. Drawing a blank. F**k Truss, and F**k the tories. I've voted for them in the past, but they are just pissing on us and calling it rain. 

• Like 1

We have applied to join CPTPP.  In theory, I don't really have a problem with this.  A free trade agreement with a relatively large block of the world's economy.  What I'm really not sure about is why this large trading block that comes with its own very intricate rules that impact our legislation and standards is ok, but the EU is not ok?

41 minutes ago, Straggler said:

We have applied to join CPTPP.  In theory, I don't really have a problem with this.  A free trade agreement with a relatively large block of the world's economy.  What I'm really not sure about is why this large trading block that comes with its own very intricate rules that impact our legislation and standards is ok, but the EU is not ok?

There's no free movement of people :) 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good job the British are such hard workers, we’ll easily be able to pick up the extra work of being in a new trading union.

Don't judge me, I'm just having a tea break :D 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Don't judge me, I'm just having a tea break :D 

You won't catch those Indian dhobi wallahs having tea breaks. That's how they all grow up to be doctors and accountants. 

FaWaDSQXEAE3ii2?format=jpg&name=large

Nailed it.

Spoiler

(Except somebody has clearly placed a McDonald's order, already paid for it, you now have your order number on the screen in front of you with everything already processed, and you're now just waving your card around like a bell-end)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

FaWaDSQXEAE3ii2?format=jpg&name=large

Nailed it.

Hide contents

(Except somebody has clearly placed a McDonald's order, already paid for it, you now have your order number on the screen in front of you with everything already processed, and you're now just waving your card around like a bell-end)

Yep, receipt already dispensed so why is he still holding his card on the machine? 

So Labour have come out with their costed cost of living plan re: energy bills.

The Tories will need to match/improve on this now right otherwise any slim chance they had of being re-elected will go up in smoke?

If accurate freezing the price cap will bring inflation down by 4%, that’s 2 pretty huge birds with one stone.

Truss’s plan to reduce tax to stave off recession is surely going to fuel inflation.

Does she think raging inflation is less of an issue than recession? 

All i keep hearing from Truss is this moratorium on the green energy levy.

It will save people about 150 pounds but isn't she aware that bills are going up to upwards of 5k in January.

Edited by AshVilla

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

If accurate freezing the price cap will bring inflation down by 4%, that’s 2 pretty huge birds with one stone.

Truss’s plan to reduce tax to stave off recession is surely going to fuel inflation.

Does she think raging inflation is less of an issue than recession? 

Glad you said that, I've been asking that for ages. I don't see how cutting tax would do anything but make inflation worse.

Â