The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I might be wrong but as I understand it there has been no willingness to come to the table and negotiate from the other parties. If there had then there wouldn't be a strike

That bit is wrong. They've been talking for a good while, and nearly (according to the Company bods) agreed, but he said the Union wouldn't accept the working practice changes the Co. wanted - obs that's just one side's take.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nurses working conditions are much worse ans they get paid significantly less

Dem, the Train Drivers aren't on strike. Nurses probably get paid significantly more than most of the people who are on strike

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

That bit is wrong. They've been talking for a good while, and nearly (according to the Company bods) agreed, but he said the Union wouldn't accept the working practice changes the Co. wanted - obs that's just one side's take.

Fair enough, I'm not exactly up to date on the issue to be honest

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dem, the Train Drivers aren't on strike. Nurses probably get paid significantly more than most of the people who are on strike

Yeah thats something im actually interested in knowing although its not just pay they are striking about

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yes Dem, as a train user, you should also know they are striking about Public Safety and what halving the budget (and therefore Staff) will do to all the rail safety checks. Last time a government did this incidents of multiple fatalities on the railways had a huge spike

They are striking for your safety tooadc

The part i was referring to what the pay of them in comparison to a band 3 nurse. I know that its not just pay but as i said earlier i would like them to make public what compromise/offer was made to try stop the strike  if a decent offer was made then i thibk its justified to be pissed off at them. But i doubt we will ever know

Again i stress they didnt need to go this severe !

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Again i stress they didnt need to go this severe !

See the thing is, people keep telling you because it's true, strikes that aren't severe don't work. It completely misses the point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Nurses working conditions are much worse ans they get paid significantly less. In their case it would be more understandable for those reasons as they tend to care about their patients not just bring most places to their knees 

Firstly, there are people making millions in this country, don’t let the people earning £30,000 be your enemy when inflation is running at 10% You are being played by people far far richer than you will ever be. You are being played by land owners and people with perfectly legal offshore funds and perfectly legal complicated tax arrangements.

Secondly, why do you imagine the nurses that don’t strike, have worse pay and conditions than people that do strike? Can you see any possible link there?

If you choose a profession or a vocation where your pay is decided by others, and you are disinclined to take action for better pay… guess what happens? Some people leave, and some people stay in increasingly poor working conditions and moan that other people earn more than them. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, if NHS staff were prepared to take some industrial action we would ALL have a better NHS. Imagine 3 days of NHS industrial action to create a better NHS where we don’t wait 4 years for an operation. If 3 days of striking lead to the waiting list reducing a year, would that be a good thing, or a bad thing? It would of course, inconvenience some people.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know that its not just pay but as i said earlier i would like them to make public what compromise/offer was made to try stop the strike  if a decent offer was made then i thibk its justified to be pissed off at them. But i doubt we will ever know

From what I've read, they've asking for 7% and a guarantee of no compulsory redundancies, while accepting that longer hours will be needed. They rejected an offer of 2%, with a potential extra 1% funded by compulsory redundancies. Obviously this is ust reported by anonymous sources rather than publicly disclosed info though

When the opening line of negotiation was "a significant real terms wage cut, longer hours, and some of you are getting laid off because of arbitrary cuts dictated by the government", I can see why it's come to this.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

But if all these £30k employees achieve above average pay rises, then because of the vast number of them, in comparison to the mega rich, then inflation will inevitably rise, interest rates will rise, and mortgages will rise, and house prices will go down.

So its not a simple class war situation. The average joe will lose out

2 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

But if all these £30k employees achieve above average pay rises, then because of the vast number of them, in comparison to the mega rich, then inflation will inevitably rise, interest rates will rise, and mortgages will rise, and house prices will go down.

So its not a simple class war situation. The average joe will lose out

That might be the weirdest most masochistic ill informed self loathing take on this situation I’ve seen.

• Confused 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

The link of wages to cost increases isn't a 1:1 relationship - i.e., if everyone's wages go up by 5%, all prices don't go up by 5%

Unless it’s a prostitute.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Unless it’s a prostitute.

Well the thing is, her wages are only one of the expenses.

Say you have one of pimp Tony's top bitches, Lisa, for example, I'm talking from the double diamond category, £500 per hour (extra for some of the kinky shit). She doesn't get all of that, obviously, on top of her wages, there are consumable costs (condoms, lube, latex horse masks), commercial property rent, Tony's profit margin (pimp's gotta make a living, you feel me?), not to mention national insurance contributions, pension contributions, and funding for continuous prostitution development.

Now, Tony is a responsible employer, familiar with the economic struggles of his bitches, so wants to put her wages up, but his staffing overheads might only come to, what, 20, maybe 30% of the cost to the end client. Not all of those expenses go up by 5% because Lisa gets a 5% payrise. And that's without getting into the discussion about whether prostitute demand is elastic or inelastic.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well the thing is, her wages are only one of the expenses.

Say you have one of pimp Tony's top bitches, Lisa, for example, I'm talking from the double diamond category, £500 per hour (extra for some of the kinky shit). She doesn't get all of that, obviously, on top of her wages, there are consumable costs (condoms, lube, latex horse masks), commercial property rent, Tony's profit margin (pimp's gotta make a living, you feel me?), not to mention national insurance contributions, pension contributions, and funding for continuous prostitution development.

Now, Tony is a responsible employer, familiar with the economic struggles of his bitches, so wants to put her wages up, but his staffing overheads might only come to, what, 20, maybe 30% of the cost to the end client. Not all of those expenses go up by 5% because Lisa gets a 5% payrise. And that's without getting into the discussion about whether prostitute demand is elastic or inelastic.

My example was based on a sole trader, £10 for a BJ next to the bins at the back of Argos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My example was based on a sole trader, £10 for a BJ next to the bins at the back of Argos.

Well, in that case I can't fault the economics, but I'd get yourself checked out.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

See the thing is, people keep telling you because it's true, strikes that aren't severe don't work. It completely misses the point

I get that people keep telling me this however i dont agree with it. i think  a balance if inbetween would be more helpful.  The thing is i don't think its going to have as much impact as ive stressed before  because alot of people work remotely. 

Ita having a bigger impact on nhs people, small businesses that really cant afford this. My last point on this subject as we wont all agree on this subject i just hope in future all parties can compromise better to prevent this kind of shit in future as it causes nothing but misery. But im not optimistic with a government led by boris

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Honestly surprised anything is going up there given the circumstances.

Â