The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

It isn't on the clip above but O'Brien said after that bloke won't now think he has been had by the Daily Mail or whatever right ring media has brainwashed/duped him. He'll go off blaming O'Brien or anyone who wants to call out misinformation or who wants vague statements backed up by facts or evidence. 

It isn't hard to see how we have ended up where we are is it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It isn't on the clip above but O'Brien said after that bloke won't now think he has been had by the Dailey Mail or whatever right ring media has brainwashed/duped him. He'll go off blaming O'Brien or anyone who wants to call out misinformation or who wants vague statements backed up by facts or evidence. 

It isn't hard to see how we have ended up where we are is it.

It’s quite terrifying but you’re absolutely right. That callee wasn’t trying his luck, he absolutely believed he was right and I’m not sure the penny dropped at all.

Same with Brexit, people fundamentally believe deep in their soul that the UK HAD to leave the EU but 99% couldn’t articulate specific examples of why.

Sovereignty is the equivalent of that callers “left”. 

Brainwashing is the only word for it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s quite terrifying but you’re absolutely right. That callee wasn’t trying his luck, he absolutely believed he was right and I’m not sure the penny dropped at all.

Same with Brexit, people fundamentally believe deep in their soul that the UK HAD to leave the EU but 99% couldn’t articulate specific examples of why.

Sovereignty is the equivalent of that callers “left”. 

Brainwashing is the only word for it.

I dunno. That’s maybe a part of it, but the gist of what the guy felt came across, even if he couldn’t match JO’B for mental dexterity. I took the gist to be that he didn’t approve of the Tory law breaking, but that when it comes to who he’d vote for in an election, taking the wider picture, not just a single issue of Downing Street piss ups, Labour is too left wing for him and so that is a bigger factor for him.

Of course Daily Heil scare stories reinforce that kind of attitude, quite intentionally. But it’s not about a definable right or wrong, as in “he was wrong and the penny didn’t drop”. It’s a political viewpoint.JO’B is reasonably skilled and brighter than most of the population and uses a technique which it seems people don’t spot, or can’t easily counter, in part because they haven’t really thought through how they’d explain their views to a radio host who will challenge them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

I took the gist to be that he didn’t approve of the Tory law breaking, but that when it comes to who he’d vote for in an election, taking the wider picture, not just a single issue of Downing Street piss ups, Labour is too left wing for him and so that is a bigger factor for him.

The thing was as @Geniesaid the bloke couldn't name one thing he didn't approve of with Labour in terms of policies despite being given ample opportunities. If you are that convinced the main opposition party is worse than this current, now law breaking, mob, then surely you should be able to reel of quite the list especially as you have taken the time to phone into a national radio station to put up that argument. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

now law breaking

What has now got to do with it? They've been breaking the law since Johnson took over

The "Party of Law and Order" has no respect for the law at all

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The thing was as @Geniesaid the bloke couldn't name one thing he didn't approve of with Labour in terms of policies despite being given ample opportunities. If you are that convinced the main opposition party is worse than this current, now law breaking, mob, then surely you should be able to reel of quite the list especially as you have taken the time to phone into a national radio station to put up that argument. 

lAbOuR sUpPoRt ThE iRa

33 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yep. He said this as a matter of fact. Like it's actually true. He genuinely believed it.

Well there's this former leader of the party who... and then there's a former Shadow Chancellor who... and then there's this former Shadow Home Secretary...

And that's only going back two years and the people who held those positions, the top three positions who all have a little bit of history when it comes to the IRA and support

The current Labour Party this minute, yes I'd agree with you but Labour and the IRA isn't that bloke talking that much bollocks tbh

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well there's this former leader of the party who... and then there's a former Shadow Chancellor who... and then there's this former Shadow Home Secretary...

And that's only going back two years and the people who held those positions, the top three positions who all have a little bit of history when it comes to the IRA and support

The current Labour Party this minute, yes I'd agree with you but Labour and the IRA isn't that bloke talking that much bollocks tbh

The past is always relevant.  It’s why my Dad will never vote Labour.

Sensible view point I guess. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The past is always relevant.  It’s why my Dad will never vote Labour.

Sensible view point I guess. 

Genuinely trying to work out if this is satire!

• Haha 1

I myself don’t care about them holding it on the same day, but considering Downing Street had a party the night before Phil the Greek’s funeral…for Johnson to host a government social get together on the same day as the queen is having his memorial service is an odd one.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it will make any difference, but it seems like a slightly unnecessary risk in terms of the optics. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I myself don’t care about them holding it on the same day, but considering Downing Street had a party the night before Phil the Greek’s funeral…for Johnson to host a government social get together on the same day as the queen is having his memorial service is an odd one.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it will make any difference, but it seems like a slightly unnecessary risk in terms of the optics. 

As long as they haven’t booked Pizza Express Woking they should be fine.

• Like 1

Â