Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

It isn't poor. It's not great either.

It's far better than 20th in the PL though.

Try telling me that WBA's squad is better. They're 8th. Try telling me Watford's squad is better. They have 13 points.

A manager is more important than people think.

WBA have a goalscorer

If WBA's squad is better than ours, it isn't that much better that they're 8th and we're 20th. 

If Watford's squad is better than ours, it isn't 9 points better.

Management is the biggest aspect of our failure this year. Don't let the media tell you that we have all shit players.

We have some, don't get me wrong. But as a squad, we aren't 20th. Not a chance.

We have plenty. I don't need the media telling me that we've got shit players. I see it with my own eyes week in week out.

Watford and West Brom both have goalscorers in their squad...now Deeney has at last got off the mark he'll score a few now. His record in the championship indicates he will.

We don't.

So does Gestede's. Championship records mean nothing in the Premier League. 

Deeney has played at Watford 5 years now (well 4 and a half with his stint in jail) so he knows their system and style of play.

Gestede is making no impact all in the league in the tight home games when it's 0-0, where was he yesterday to tap in that excellent Bacuna cross at 0-0 so no I don't see him making a huge difference and want a better central striker leading the line for us. Trouble is I don't see a good alternative in the squad other than the new manager giving Kozak a chance.

All those who are saying our squad is crap, aren't considering the squads of the teams around us. Its very easy to cherry pick players from other squads and say they would walk into our team, but the fact is that we need a manager to gel our team together and then we can assess how good they really are.

On the one hand people are slagging off Sherwood and saying that his management has affected the performances of the players, and on the other hand people are saying the squad isn't good enough anyway.

I think we are desperately lacking a centre forward based on what we have seen so far this season, but a new manager may be able to find a formula. e.g. Gestede and Ayew as pair which gets us goals. I think our squad is good enough for mid-table, and I refuse to believe it isn't good enough to finish 17th.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

See what a new manager does 3-0 to sunderland. We missed the boat not getting sam he was exactly what we need

Theyalways beat Newcastle

The game turned on a sending off and penalty. Sunderland barely had a kick before then, and even since then Newcastle have dominated the game. No chance of Newcastle going down this year - they look a very decent team. 

Although who are saying our squad is crap, aren't considering the squads of the teams around us. Its very easy to cherry pick players from other squads and say they would walk into our team, but the fact is that we need a manager to gel our team together and then we can assess how good they really are.

On the one hand people are slagging off Sherwood and saying that his management has affected the performances of the players, and on the other hand people are saying the squad isn't good enough anyway.

I think we are desperately lacking a centre forward based on what we have seen so far this season, but a new manager may be able to find a formula. e.g. Gestede and Ayew as pair which gets us goals. I think our squad is good enough for mid-table, and I refuse to believe it isn't good enough to finish 17th.

This.

Try telling me that WBA's squad is better. They're 8th. Try telling me Watford's squad is better. They have 13 points.

Evans, Berahino, Rondon, McAuley, Fletvher, Yacob would all walk into our team. So would Ighalo, Deeney, Gomes, Abdi, Capoue, Jurado and Cathcart

Our team is dreadful regardless of whether Sherwood or Fergie is in charge

Dont agree with you here zatman, the maanger I would say was the main reason these players have not performed. Yes ok players have to take responsibility but I do think we have a better squad than a host of sides in the league they are just low on confidence 

Watford and West Brom both have goalscorers in their squad...now Deeney has at last got off the mark he'll score a few now. His record in the championship indicates he will.

We don't.

So does Gestede's. Championship records mean nothing in the Premier League. 

Deeney has played at Watford 5 years now (well 4 and a half with his stint in jail) so he knows their system and style of play.

Gestede is making no impact all in the league in the tight home games when it's 0-0, where was he yesterday to tap in that excellent Bacuna cross at 0-0 so no I don't see him making a huge difference and want a better central striker leading the line for us. Trouble is I don't see a good alternative in the squad other than the new manager giving Kozak a chance.

My point exactly. Gestede's goal scoring record in the Championship is pretty similar to Deeney's (approximately one in two over the last couple of seasons), but he's not making the difference. Just because Deeney has a good record in the Championship it doesn't mean he'll get premier league goals. 

See what a new manager does 3-0 to sunderland. We missed the boat not getting sam he was exactly what we need

Theyalways beat Newcastle

The game turned on a sending off and penalty. Sunderland barely had a kick before then, and even since then Newcastle have dominated the game. No chance of Newcastle going down this year - they look a very decent team. 

That is true but I look at that Newcastle defensive unit of Rob Elliott, Jammat, Mbuema, Colo and Dummett and I don't see many clean sheets there as this season has already shown, any team that attacks them with pace down the side has a field day.

So on that basis they'll be down there all season as they don't have consistantly enough goals in them to win games, they won't be scoring 6 every week.

Evans, Berahino, Rondon, McAuley, Fletvher, Yacob would all walk into our team. So would Ighalo, Deeney, Gomes, Abdi, Capoue, Jurado and Cathcart

Our team is dreadful regardless of whether Sherwood or Fergie is in charge

Dont agree with you here zatman, the maanger I would say was the main reason these players have not performed. Yes ok players have to take responsibility but I do think we have a better squad than a host of sides in the league they are just low on confidence 

but same was said under Lambert, McLeish and Houllier

the players always get away with it and im not saying they are underperforming its because they arent good enough

• Like 1

Although who are saying our squad is crap, aren't considering the squads of the teams around us. Its very easy to cherry pick players from other squads and say they would walk into our team, but the fact is that we need a manager to gel our team together and then we can assess how good they really are.

The squads ceiling is 15th. It is truly awful 

I agree with you on the match but I think both Newcastle and Sunderland will be in the relegation mix.

Newcastle won't. Good side

Are they balls. :rolleyes:

Had it not been for the red card Newcastle would've comfortably today. We don't have any players of the caliber of Wijnaldum or Sissoko 

Newcastle like us have been regularly losing for a good two years now, don't replace key players (what happened to this amazing signing Thuvain btw), have like us a lack of leadership from the owner and have conceded 22 goals this season so 2 a game.

They'll be down there all season imo.

Â