Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

The team is poor at moment, Richards, Gana, Amavi, Grealish are mid table Premier League quality. The rest are unproven or Championship level at best

This. People need to wake up to the fact that are squad is poor. Not even sure if Grealish is good enough to start in a midtable side to be honest 

There's still plenty of time, and we actually have a half decent squad.

We just need a manager who can get them organised and cut out the stupid mistakes.

I suspect any new manager will move Micah Richards to right back immediately, assuming we have other centre-backs fit. 

A squad which contains starters such as Agbonlahor, Richardson, Lescott, Gestede and Bacuna. We don't 

I didn't say we have an amazing squad. I said its a half decent squad. If we get our best 11 players on the pitch in a system that actually works, we should be mid-table, safe at least.

I don't think our squad is that great either.

Last season yes when Benteke, D*lph and Vlaar all got fit for the run in yes we looked decent as they were top level experienced players and match winners.

I don't see it this season, not enough goals upfront, Grealish having to do most of the creative stuff when he's still young and learning the game and whatever midfield we put out just can't dominate games.

At the back we have players of pedigree, internationals but whatever unit we put out dosen't look like keeping clean sheets.

I'm sure we'll see some improvement under a new manager but not holding my breath as we don't have a regular goalscorer in the squad.

This is true. But I suspect a new manager will either start to play someone up front who is more mobile that Gestede (Gabby or Ayew), or play one of these 2 alongside Gestede.

Its almost certain we will be buying a new striker in January, regardless of who the new manager is.

The team is poor at moment, Richards, Gana, Amavi, Grealish are mid table Premier League quality. The rest are unproven or Championship level at best

This. People need to wake up to the fact that are squad is poor. Not even sure if Grealish is good enough to start in a midtable side to be honest 

I don't think there's many fans on the planet that don't think the squad is poor.

Edited by nobler

Gabby will not manage more than 5 goals this season, he'll probably do well to even get that.

Ayew was a massive plus yesterday and deserves a run but think he's a bit lightweight to play as main centre forward just like Sinclair is, he's best playing wide in the 3.

We will sign Charlie Austin or someone like that in January which is what we should've done in the summer to add to Gestede.

It isn't poor. It's not great either.

It's far better than 20th in the PL though.

Try telling me that WBA's squad is better. They're 8th. Try telling me Watford's squad is better. They have 13 points.

A manager is more important than people think.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a Villa fan on the planet that doesn't think the squad is poor.

Really because I've heard and seen plenty say that we've got a good squad 

I don't think there's a Villa fan on the planet that doesn't think the squad is poor.

Really because I've heard and seen plenty say that we've got a good squad 

Aye, I edited that as i briefly scooted through previous pages to see that there are actually some that believe we have a good squad. Ha, I've no idea what the basis is for believing that, 

• Like 1

It isn't poor. It's not great either.

It's far better than 20th in the PL though.

Try telling me that WBA's squad is better. They're 8th. Try telling me Watford's squad is better. They have 13 points.

A manager is more important than people think.

Evans, Berahino, Rondon, McAuley, Fletvher, Yacob would all walk into our team. So would Ighalo, Deeney, Gomes, Abdi, Capoue, Jurado and Cathcart

Our team is dreadful regardless of whether Sherwood or Fergie is in charge

• Like 2

Apparently no team has ever survived in the Prem after being on four points or less after ten games. I can't comprehend the idea of us not being in the top flight. It's like something from a two-dimensional world trying to imagine the fourth-dimension.

Really? I find it very easy to comprehend, although it hasn't happened in the memorable part of my lifetime. 

Quantum physics it isn't. We need to win not far off half of our remaining games. Assuming we lose the next two, which given the fixtures seems fairly guaranteed, it will be very close indeed to winning 50% of our remaining games. We just aren't going to do that. 

As you've noted, our survival at this point would be unprecedented. This is precisely why I've been calling for Sherwood's head for several weeks. We may now have reached a point where the club feel they have to sack him, but it's almost certainly too late at this point. 

Dont' agree with this. Our points haul is pathetic so far this season, but we are still only 2 games adrift of 17th. I havn't checked the stats, but I would imagine that these other teams with 4 points would have been further adrift, and certainly wouldn't have a squad with the potential of ours. 

If we can stay within 3 wins of safety by the time we get to Watford, that then becomes a must win game under the new manager. If we win that, then hopefully we are within 2-3 wins of safety by the time we get to the Newcastle game and we have our more winnable fixtures.

If we get to the turn of the year and we are still 2-3 wins from safety, then yes - I will start to think we are doomed. At this stage, there is still plenty of time.

If WBA's squad is better than ours, it isn't that much better that they're 8th and we're 20th. 

If Watford's squad is better than ours, it isn't 9 points better.

Management is the biggest aspect of our failure this year. Don't let the media tell you that we have all shit players.

We have some, don't get me wrong. But as a squad, we aren't 20th. Not a chance.

• Like 1

Watford and West Brom both have goalscorers in their squad...now Deeney has at last got off the mark he'll score a few now. His record in the championship indicates he will.

We don't.

So does Gestede's. Championship records mean nothing in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

I dont need the media to tell me players like Guzan, Westwood, Bacuna and Gabby are shit players. Have saw them for 3 years do nothing except fight relegation

They're no worse than Gomes, Ben Watson, Nyom and Anya.

Yet Watford have 9 more points than us.

Â