Adebayor

Dodgyknees

Tottenham have released Adebayor on a free. As he hasn't played for them, or been registered for them, I believe he is free to sign for another club. I wonder if he might finally come here? Didn't Sherwood make some comments about him yesterday?

- We can confirm that we've reached a mutual agreement with @E_Adebayor which will see him released from his contract with the Club.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/emmanuel-adebayor-130915/

"We can confirm that we have reached a mutual agreement with Emmanuel Adebayor which will see him released from his contract with the Club."

- Sherwood comments (12/9): http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9989496/tim-sherwood-would-welcome-emmanuel-adebayor-to-aston-villa

"Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood says he would sign Emmanuel Adebayor "in a heartbeat" if the striker wanted to leave Tottenham."

Do we have any space in our 25 man list?

As far as I'm aware, we wouldn't be able to register him until January - same goes for any team who signs him. I could be wrong though...

I believe we can - as he hasn't been registered for them.

Not sure how that works with us though, whether we have enough spaces or whether we don't need to fully register him till Jan. 

As far as I'm aware, we wouldn't be able to register him until January - same goes for any team who signs him. I could be wrong though...

Not sure how that works with us though, whether we have enough spaces or whether we don't need to fully register him till Jan. 

Well I did say I could be wrong! :D

• Like 1

So could I tbh! We'll soon see I guess :D

So could I tbh! We'll soon see I guess :D

I'm not too sure I'd want to find out.

Given he'd likely have an impact and get us a few goals, it's a no-brainer really, especially with no fee. I'd take a few tantrums and odd quotes in the press if it meant we knew where the goals were going to come from each week instead of watching Gabby run around in circles.

He will end up at Wet Spam though IMO.

Now he's a free agent he will be looking for his last big contract.

I don't think we will be the team in a position to offer it. 

Well he will have just got a huge pay off from Spurs anywhere between £2m-£5m so I doubt he need worry about that.

You are quite right someone will be able to offer more money than us and if they do and he wants it so be it.

What we can offer is game time and a known and trusted quantity to him in Sherwood. If that doesn't get him then I'm okay with that also I'd just rather we try whicIm certain I will.

It appears to me that his only motivation is money, no interest in actually playing for it hopefully we aren't the mugs who sign him.

Hasn't he terminated the contract so that he can join another club outside the window though?

No one but him know his motivations really.