Adebayor

Dodgyknees

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9989606/emmanuel-adebayor-faces-fight-to-join-another-english-club-after-release-from-tottenham

Sky sources understand he has been told that he cannot join another domestic team until the next transfer window, as he was registered with Tottenham at the start of this season.

Adebayor did say he was waiting for a sign from God before signing for Villa.  Well, if he believes in a cruel, bleak and fickle diviner of fate...

I for one hope a certain someone is sitting on the outskirts of glorious London, stroking his favourite tiger, thinking I want another one.  A white one.  And if one of those beautiful beasts accidentally eats a player called Charles and frees up his spot, well, there's another sign from our unadoring overlord.

Emmanuel Adebayor's pay-off from Tottenham is scant consolation for his crisis of confidence

adebayor.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/emmanuel-adebayors-payoff-from-tottenham-is-scant-consolation-for-his-crisis-of-confidence-aston-villa-10500966.html

TALKING FOOTBALL: Emmanuel Adebayor has not played since the start of May and felt he was not ready to sign for Aston Villa recently, writes Sam Wallace

Can Adebayor sign for us and play in Cup games until Jan when he can register for the PL? You can sign players outside the window it's the Premier League you can register them to play for I think. If we are serious about getting him and he's serious about playing we can't get him in get him fit so he's firing in Jan. 

I'd like the goals ( I reckon wed get a dozen out of him) but not the attitude. ( I had no issue with his past so called attitude but not happy with how he's been this summer, had his chance etc,).

Also I'd like to think - maybe wrongly - that once Sherwood failed to get him he covered what he thought we needed by other means ( if not why not).

• Like 1

It appears to me that his only motivation is money, no interest in actually playing for it hopefully we aren't the mugs who sign him.

Only he just took a partial payment on the remainder of his Spurs contract in order to free him to play football.

He could've come here to play football when we wanted him properly.

The guy is a virus.

My guess is he has a move lined up to some mad country like Anelka. He wouldn't agree to some mutual termination of his contract for less than the £100k otherwise.

bloody hell a new country. I've heard of Alaska but not Anelka. Is it in Europe? 

I know odds don't mean a lot but we are still favourite's with Skybet

I would still like to sign him in January.

Aston Villa1/1
Monaco4/1
West Ham5/1
Any MLS Club8/1
QPR8/1
Any Indian Super League club10/1
Watford10/1
Hull12/1
Stoke12/1

Not in January thanks.  By then he'll have missed half a season of training at a professional club and at least 12 months of any sort of competitive play.  This is a player who hardly played last season anyway so it's a no from me now thanks