Adebayor

Dodgyknees

Would have prefered him on loan for just the one season personally - however, I wonder what the difference in wages would be now he's on a free?

Will be interesting to see (if and) what we offer him contract/wages wise - maybe a one year with an option for a second?

I think Adebayor would be worth a punt and undoubtedly will score goals wherever he ends up.

As for squad places, our 25 is currently full but if we could loan one out (N'Zogbia springs to mind) he could theorhetically take that spot.

yeah if we can sign him we just need to send one of the registered players on loan. Offer Nzogbia for a minimal fee to a championship club.

If we could have sold or loanded N'Zogbia for any sort of fee to anyone we would already have done it. We'd have to pay him off like Spurs have Adebayor, or possibly loan him somewhere probably paying 100% of the wages.

Not that I'd be against us doing that to get Adebayor in. 

Edited by Danwichmann

It appears to me that his only motivation is money, no interest in actually playing for it hopefully we aren't the mugs who sign him.

Only he just took a partial payment on the remainder of his Spurs contract in order to free him to play football.

but had an opportunity to join us before the deadline to play football and didn't because he didn't fancy us.  Now the realisation that he will not be playing for Spurs and how that can affect his future earning potential has dawned on him he has agree greedy this release for partial payment.  Don't believe he has done this out of good character.  I personally would be disappointed especially given the events of the transfer window 

I thought we could only sign him if he was a free agent before the window closed? Now we will have to wait till Jan?

That's what i thought it was too.

Edited by Daniel

I thought we could only sign him if he was a free agent before the window closed? Now we will have to wait till Jan?

That's what i thought it was too.

It is the case, wouldn't surprise me if we're working on a way to find a loophole.

I think the key here is how many players have been named already, I don't think you can make changes but if you got free slots you can add up to a maximum of 3 players. 

*based purely on football manager

Edited by Junxs