Paul-Georges Ntep

Kingman

He is 22 and currently has shin splints, a stress fracture of his left tibia and a torn hamstring. 

Certainly seems as though he is having some growing pains/difficulty at the moment. Meaning he could be a world beater or a cripple in two years. No doubt why Arsenal and other rumoured clubs re awaiting his recovery

Be a big risk for 10 million

He is 22 and currently has shin splints, a stress fracture of his left tibia and a torn hamstring. 

Certainly seems as though he is having some growing pains/difficulty at the moment. Meaning he could be a world beater or a cripple in two years. No doubt why Arsenal and other rumoured clubs re awaiting his recovery

Unfortunately that's where we are in the market place. If we sign 4 or 5 players at £10mil this summer, you can guarantee that not all will come off. Spurs spending the Bale money is a classic example and Liverpool didn't fare much better with the Suarez money.

The reason that Benteke went to Liverpool and not one of the top 4 is because he is still considered a risk. Top 4 clubs can afford to and have the pulling power to sign less risky players. Even then, it sometimes backfires.

I don't know enough about the player but certainly, the issues mentioned don't appear to be career threatening.

Unfortunately that's where we are in the market place. If we sign 4 or 5 players at £10mil this summer, you can guarantee that not all will come off. Spurs spending the Bale money is a classic example and Liverpool didn't fare much better with the Suarez money.

The reason that Benteke went to Liverpool and not one of the top 4 is because he is still considered a risk. Top 4 clubs can afford to and have the pulling power to sign less risky players. Even then, it sometimes backfires.

I don't know enough about the player but certainly, the issues mentioned don't appear to be career threatening.

The quality both Liverpool and Spurs got wasn't good enough for a go at the title but was good enough to fight for Europe. In that context if we can replace Benteke and Delph with 4/5 quality signings that are good enough to get us mid table then it's job well done - onward and upward from there. As good as Delph and Benteke were they didn't prevent us from fighting relegation for the past 3 seasons.

• Like 1

Shocking injuries

I think were best steering clear here paying 10 mill would be stupid considering one of his main attributes is pace

Torn hamstrings are a nightmare to recover from he may never be the same player he was before

Shocking injuries

I think were best steering clear here paying 10 mill would be stupid considering one of his main attributes is pace

Torn hamstrings are a nightmare to recover from he may never be the same player he was before

Rubbish. Most quick players will have torn a hamstring at some point. Only the very worst tears requiring surgery, could have any lasting impact. These are very rare. Recovery for most varies from 3-8 weeks.
  • Like 2

These are all relatively minor injuries. Shin splits can often lead to a stress fracture, overuse injury, or repeated impact, running on dry hard pitches. That and the hamstring, I would think 8 week recovery at worst then training to full fitness. Probably less with top class echo very facilities, hydro pool, infrared treatment, physics etc.

Anyway I would rather this guy than Ayew, from the limited footage I have seen of both he seems a better player. The star is rubbish though I'm putting this in unlikely

Edited by zapbranny

Shocking injuries

Rubbish. Most quick players will have torn a hamstring at some point. Only the very worst tears requiring surgery, could have any lasting impact. These are very rare. Recovery for most varies from 3-8 weeks.

Well its clearly not rubbish because Senderos torn his hamstring and didn't play again for all of last season

Rodwell torn his and was never the same player it plagued him for 2 seasons at city http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/rodwell-his-way-back-after-hamstring-injury-hell

Michael Owen did his in at the age of 19 and it affected the rest of his career http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/mar/21/michael-owen-retirement-blog

They are niggling injuries that do not go away overnight

Edited by AshVilla

Insanely quick, knows how to get past a player and a knack for showmanship. Seems like a Gabby 2.0 or even 3.0. Would be great to get him in, let him heal, blood him carefully and set him loose on defenses next season. But right now, can we allow ourselves the luxury of spending this much money on a player not in playing condition?

Might be the only way we would get him.

Look upon it as an investment - money in the bank.

Genuine question here,

Why do some folk class this as "No Chance" when he would be the cheapest of the recent French League imports?

Because we can't have positivity about signing s player just like the ones we bought. Our fans have such low esteem of the club and the pulling power of it and sherwood. And when we do its x will be gone in s year or two rather than think maybe get a team together where they WON'T want to leave us.

Â