The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

image.png.2dcb690a12e0952485bf36096faca02d.png

Just seen Labour's national co-ordinator say they now have a strong base for a general election. This lot are capable of self delusion on a grand scale. 

Edited by Jareth

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just seen Labour's national co-ordinator say they now have a strong base for a general election. This lot are capable of self delusion on a grand scale. 

Those BBC figures are just wrong. Guardians are more accurate

elections 2022.png

I've just gone through the London results and I may have added a few that "aren't London" (was using all seats elected as a guide) and Labour were +63 and as they were definitely +39 from just Barnet / Wandsworth and Westminster, the +40 figure for London from the BBC is rubbish, I think I only spotted one London council where they lost seats.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've just gone through the London results and I may have added a few that "aren't London" (was using all seats elected as a guide) and Labour were +63 and as they were definitely +39 from just Barnet / Wandsworth and Westminster, the +40 figure for London from the BBC is rubbish, I think I only spotted one London council where they lost seats.

I think the BBC are just behind the Guardian on reporting, they seem to take longer. Would like to see the inside/outside stats from the Guardian but they are not offering them. Nearest thing they have is a graphic of the UK showing where parties have gained. Ah well - all will become clearer in time. 

Just now, Jareth said:

I think the BBC are just behind the Guardian on reporting, they seem to take longer

No, this time they are plain wrong and have been all morning, see the Local Elections thread.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Westminster had been controlled by the Tories since 1964; Wandsworth since 1978; and Labour have won Barnet for the first time. But not a shock? 1964 isnt 10 years ago. 

Three boroughs out of how many in london? Yes they were tories but its no suprise when you look at the rest of london that is mainly labour. Its not big of a shock. Londons predominately labour these days.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

It not in the least bit newsworthy that councils that have been Tory-led since The Beatles were just getting going, switched to Labour yesterday?

Didnt say it wasnt newsworthy just that its not a big shock

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Three boroughs out of how many in london? Yes they were tories but its no suprise when you look at the rest of london that is mainly labour. Its not big of a shock. Londons predominately labour these days.

No Dem, Wandsworth, Barnet and Westminster going Labour is actually a huge shift

Just think, all through the Blair / Brown years where Labour were in the ascendancy mostly, those three councils remained Tory

You can't just say London is Labour, those councils aren't and rarely ever were.

Westminster and Wandsworth were the London flagbearers for different reasons for the Tory Party. They no longer run them

• Like 3

i see starmer is being investigated for beergate. this is a good thing.

he's proven to have broken rules, resigns immediately, puts pressure on boris to do the same and also opens up for raynor to come in and take over

he's proven not to have broken rules, still ends up looking better than boris and shuts down the argument that all the boris defenders have that starmer broke the rules too

Do these results, essentially, bear out that London is less-racist than the rest of the country?

You can see swings to Lib Dems and Greens in Tory areas where "I'd never vote Labour" (which I imagine happens a fair bit), but 'the North (of London)' seems to still be carrying a lot of pro-Leave/love the stance on immigration weighting.

(Edit:  Obviously it should be about local issues, but it's not really...)

Edited by bobzy
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he's proven to have broken rules, resigns immediately, puts pressure on boris to do the same and also opens up for raynor to come in and take over

he's proven not to have broken rules, still ends up looking better than boris and shuts down the argument that all the boris defenders have that starmer broke the rules too

Wide open :D

1 hour ago, bickster said:

No, this time they are plain wrong and have been all morning, see the Local Elections thread.

Oh, I must have missed the BBC correction on their false reporting. 

37 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I have to agree.

It could be win/win. Starmer doesn’t seem to be taking full advantage of the circus in downing street currently so him stepping aside isn’t the worst thing.

However, I still don’t think Boris would walk. He has no morals at all.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Barnet has the highest population of Jewish people in the country - it going Labour is a big deal.

Highgate and stamford hill are higher jewish areas in london but barnet is close for sure

41 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Rayner?? Ergh hell no

The rest of your post i agree with

Edited by Demitri_C

Â