Well done vila

Toffeenose

Welcome Toffeenose.

I have always found Evertonians to be tough opponents but fair and decent fans.I very much enjoyed the banter with many of them in pubs before our three LCFs in 1977. The humour was very evident then as it was when Everton fans turned and clapped when we sang of going to Wembley today - how sorry we both must be that your neighbours will not be making the same trip!

Your boys kept coming back at us today and never knew when they were beaten which was a credit to them. I would have taken a point before the game but all three were needed in hindsight given so many teams around us seem to be getting unexpected results.

200 up and looking forward to the next 2 games in 2015/16.        

Beating the in-form team was a big result for us today, especially as the Goodison fixture is nearly always the better game.

Pre-Sherwood, I imagine the scoreline might have been very different.

Thanks Toffeenose.

I remember visiting anfield in 1989. I got a bit lost on my way back to the city centre and noticeably wearing my Villa colours I was stopped by a group of lads, a couple were wearing Everton shirts. They told me the best way to find Lime Street station and suggested I cover my colours as the many of the 'pool fans were idiotic thugs (or words to that effect). Thanking them for their advice I was soon approaching Lime Street with my jacket almost covering my Villa shirt. Unfortunately, as I walked past three idiotic thugs, they found it hilarious to try to push me over and spit on me. They were wearing Liverpool shirts.

Memories of fans of teams stick for decades.

I can only echo what the opening poster says.

You thoroughly deserved that result yesterday, and the end scoreline flattered us.

I think Martinez made an error changing the team from last week but no point dwelling on that when we are soundly beaten.

Well done and good luck for the rest of the season, and the cup final.

• Like 1

Everton fans, a redeeming quality that is darkened by the fans of the other side of that pond.  Was nice seeing those ones that were saying good luck villa in the cup :)

Â