Superstitions / Rituals

hogso

I'd already thought about this, but following on from this post in the pre-match thread

We shouldn't get too excited about the Final if Lerner goes. Its been reported he is going to attend. Remember the game he attended earlier in the season that ended our run of results! I reckon he's bad luck - when was the last time we won a game when he attended?

I think we should start the campaign now #nowembleyforlearner

Hadn't realised he'd missed yesterdays game until this morning. I didn't think I was superstitious until me and my mate discussed wearing exactly the same clothes to the final (just in case!).

I actually also had exactly the same thought. I've made note of the shoes, jeans, shirt, top, pants and even which sockies I had on so I can wear exactly the same thing for the final.

I will also more than likely attempt to have the same breakfast the morning of the match.

Wouldn't be surprised if others won't engage in other such nonsense as well :hooray:

• Like 2

Sort of on topic; I have been seeing the number 57 everywhere. I also found out today that Falkirk are through to the Scottish cup final. Last time they won?

I saw that as well- the Scottish cup final and FA cup final are played on the same day.

It's also Kozaks birthday on 30th May, it's almost written in the starts for him to come on as 80th min sub and score the winning goal. We have our own birthday boy for the cup final, Stevie who???

2015 is the year Marty goes to in BTTF Part 2. If you look really closely in the sports almanac you can see Villa are down as FA cup winners that year.

May or may not be true

2015 is the year Marty goes to in BTTF Part 2. If you look really closely in the sports almanac you can see Villa are down as FA cup winners that year.

May or may not be true

The Grays Sports Almanac only listed results from sports events from 1950-2000, good try though.

20110929_03_grays.jpg

• Like 1

The Slamball in the BTTF universe is different to that played in the real world, but yes the name was used in BTTF before the actual game was devised.

The hi-tops Marty puts on in 2015 are Slamball shoes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When we play the final, my son will be (give or take a few months) the same age as I was when Villa last won a trophy (I was about 3 and a half in 1996). I'm taking this as definite proof that we will win, all will be well and the big bet I put on us winning will help me to celebrate all night long...

When we play the final, my son will be (give or take a few months) the same age as I was when Villa last won a trophy (I was about 3 and a half in 1996). I'm taking this as definite proof that we will win, all will be well and the big bet I put on us winning will help me to celebrate all night long...

So you were 3?

Don't change underwear until we lose in the FA Cup ..... been good for four months so far. 

Mind you, the wife has divorced me and both cats are dead !

Don't change underwear until we lose in the FA Cup ..... been good for four months so far. 

Mind you, the wife has divorced me and both cats are dead !

Why would you force cats to wear underwear?

• Like 2

Sort of on topic; I have been seeing the number 57 everywhere. I also found out today that Falkirk are through to the Scottish cup final. Last time they won?

Could that have anything to do with living on that bus route? ;)

Â