Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Feeling it again today. Think we can do them in. Teke to get 1, Sinclair to get one. 2-1 Villa

Hope Sinclair doesn't get one. Would mean that City recalled him in time for this game.

Feeling it again today. Think we can do them in. Teke to get 1, Sinclair to get one. 2-1 Villa

Hope Sinclair doesn't get one. Would mean that City recalled him in time for this game.

Is Sinclair not eligible due to being a loanee from city?

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Is Sinclair not eligible due to being a loanee from city?

Not eligible sadly. 

The question i guess is will Sanchez come back in for Westwood and will Gabby replace Zog?

Wouldn't be the best game to make a fresh start as a keeper… Or would it?

I think it would actually. Relatively low pressure, don't think many people are expecting much today. Better than starting in a game that really means something.

And as a bonus he should be full of confidence following the semi final.

Such a shame we don't have a more winnable game today following on from Wembley. Had we been at home to West Ham this week for example I think we would have been able to get a convincing win. As it turns out we have Man City away, a fixture we have never done well in. I just fear that a heavy defeat today could knock the wind out of our sails and kill the current confidence in the squad. Let's hope not. 3-0 to them.

Edited by One For The Road

Such a shame we don't have a more winnable game today following on from Wembley. Had we been at home to West Ham this week for example I think we would have been able to get a convincing win. As it turns out we have Man City away, a fixture we have never done well in. I just fear that a heavy defeat today could knock the wind out of our sails and kill the current confidence in the squad. Let's hope not. 3-0 to them.

I've thought about this too, it's a shame, WHam would've been a fantastic fixture to have today.

I think we'll give them a good go. Whether it'll be enough, I don't know. Odds aren't in our favour, but we definitely have a chance. Which is much more than I would've said a few weeks back.

I've thought about this too, it's a shame, WHam would've been a fantastic fixture to have today.

I think we'll give them a good go. Whether it'll be enough, I don't know. Odds aren't in our favour, but we definitely have a chance. Which is much more than I would've said a few weeks back.

only time I remember us beating two of the big teams in a row was the end of the Houllier regime when we beat Arsenal and Liverpool consecutively. Gary Mac might have been in charge then, not sure.