Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I've seen very little of the preseason games and know very little about most of our signings. They all sound very exciting. I cannot wait for the season to start. 

I've watched them all. Amavi has been excellent and I was impressed with Gay as well. He covers a lot of ground and has a good eye for a pass. Not exactly new but Gil has also been impressive.

whispers is saying we made contact with man utd for a player but not young.....Evans?thats if its true

More likely to be Young than any other ManUre player surely?

Just looked up the meaning of the name Jordan, because I'm bored.

The name Jordan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jordan is: The river of judgment. Hebrew Meaning: The name Jordan is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jordan is: To flow down.

To flow down? Oh ****!

• Like 1

I dont see how they have done this much scouting in France and have over-looked Nkoulou, make it happen Tim!

Not Jordan enough

Apparently its fine as long as they either: a) came from Ligue 1. B) are french. or c) are named Jordan.

oops, my b ) turned into a smiley

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

The express were promoting a story that the world is about to end last night. I think they draw stories out of a hat. Trent said it won't happen and he has my trust.

Although I wouldn't mind him for a season.

(Sorry ☺️)

lescott makes little sense, every other signing we have made have all been given at least 3 year deals, many have been given 5 years. I'm quite sure sherwood won't be after lescott for 1 season, he will be looking at someone who will be here long term

Like Adebayor?

I can see the benefit of bringing in an experienced, quality centre-back, even if he has no sell-on value. Lescott and Richards at the back is better than any pairing we can currently out together, and would give us some needed stability in a very attacking team.

experience doesn't mean 30+ years, you'd say veretout is experienced, over 140 league games and only 22, just saying for such an important position id rather have someone who'd be a stable leader in the team for years to come
I've not said that age equals experience, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who thinks that Joleon Lescott ISN'T experienced. He might be past his best, but he's still better than all of our current centre-backs. What he might have lost in pace, he'd still be able to make up for by being a clever head at the back.

He's the type of player that I could see other teams signing and us spending the season saying "Why didn't we sign him? Because we thought he was too old".

He's also wasted at West Brom, as Pulis seems to want to play him at leftback.

If we do go for anyone now I think the biggest need would be a winger on the right. I think Gil can play there but Sherwood seems to fancy him as a ten. After that is NZogbia and Bacuna neither of which is ideal.

I see people putting Ayew there but by all accounts his success has come from playing up top. I don't want to get in the Gabby situation of playing him wide just because he is quick. That maybe doing him an injustice and he maybe great on the wing I don't know only seen him play for 15mins.

I would have put a CB top of the list but with Baker staying presumably we couldn't find the right player and will go with what we've got.

Edited by villaglint

So is kozak leaving? Weve got too many strikers

Ayew/gabby/Kozak/Gestede    +   seems like were still in for one? I guess loaning Adebayor with loaning Kozak out would be ok.  Just seems a bit unfair to me and think a loan to championship side will be kind of pointless. He hasnt been playing like a guy who has lost confidence  pre-season and hes better than championship.

Edited by gharperr

If we do go for anyone now I think the biggest need would be a winger on the right. I think Gil can play there but Sherwood seems to fancy him as a ten. After that is NZogbia and Bacuna neither of which is ideal.  I see people putting Ayew there but by all accounts his success has come from playing up top. I don't want to get in the Gabby situation of playing him wide just because he is quick. That maybe doing him an injustice and he maybe great on the wing I don't know only seen him play for 15mins.

Think you are spot on about the right winger....

whispers is saying we made contact with man utd for a player but not young.....Evans?thats if its true

More likely to be Young than any other ManUre player surely?

We wouldn't have to contact them in regards to Young. Freedom of contract.