Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Looks like a few teams have been watching him.

Belgian teenager Obbi Oulare scored as Club Brugge came from behind to beat Anderlecht in front of scouts from a number of Europe’s top clubs.

Scouts from Manchester United, Everton, Sunderland, Burnley, Dortmund and Leverkusen were in Belgium to watch the top of the table clash.

And Sportsmail understands 19-year-old Oulare was the reason the scouts from England and Germany were in attendance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3046282/Manchester-United-scouts-watch-Obbi-Oulare-score-Club-Brugge-European-sides-eye-Belgian-youngster.html

He is a massive unit. 194 cm and 94 kg.

Benteke is 190 cm and 82 kg. (not sure how accurate?)

Wow.

We've already shown our ambition with the signings we've made space far. I'm buoyed by that, I thinks Sherwood and Fox are selling the club to players on the basis that we are going somewhere and we are investing.

I'm all far this type of signing.

Oulare looks promising - looks like he can think quickly as per that video and he can pass the ball. I'm in.

Likewise. That assist at about 2 min. 30 is amazing. I don't remember any Benteke videos from before he joined the Villa showing class like that. We'll be lucky to get this bloke.

Oulare looks promising - looks like he can think quickly as per that video and he can pass the ball. I'm in.

No doubt he is a big talent, but he only had 1 season in the belgian league so far. Not sure if he's ready to be our main striker. I would like us to buy him now and send him on loan. Other teams have been doing the same.

Adebayor? Bad age, bad wages, bad attitude, decent player, decent scoring record. No thanks!

[Adebayor] scored 14 in 25 games for Sherwood at Spurs.

I admit I didn't realise he'd done quite so well. Still can't see him joining being a good thing. Would rather the place went to someone young and unknown, and season ticket buyers will probably agree. Maybe it comes down to price, wages and length of contract.

I was surprised as well by that stat.

I share some of the reservations so for me it would be a case of yes on loan for a year but no to a 2 or 3 year deal.

Some sort of deal for Adebayor alonside the likes of an Embolo or Oulare would be fanastic for us. We'd have real variety in the forward line, especially if Adebayor is motivated to stick two fingers up at Spurs by showing them what's still left in the tank. That's potentially a big IF but, even in isolation, he'd be our best striker once Benteke goes.

The only reservation is having to pay a fee to get him. The Mirror report up to £5m, but I just can't see it being anywhere near that.

Likewise. That assist at about 2 min. 30 is amazing. I don't remember any Benteke videos from before he joined the Villa showing class like that. We'll be lucky to get this bloke.

I don't really want to watch it. Just gets my hopes up, and one of the following happens

1. We don't get him in, and if we do,

2. He'll end up like Tonev.

• Like 1

I don't really want to watch it. Just gets my hopes up, and one of the following happens

He's unlikey to be just like Tonev. Not unless he's one of those self-hating types.

• Like 2

I admit I didn't realise he'd done quite so well. Still can't see him joining being a good thing. Would rather the place went to someone young and unknown, and season ticket buyers will probably agree. Maybe it comes down to price, wages and length of contract.

I share some of the reservations so for me it would be a case of yes on loan for a year but no to a 2 or 3 year deal.

I can hack a loan deal. No point giving him a three year deal or anything.

More likely to end up like Benteke, as you'd agree if you were to bother to actually watch the video :) Mind you, that comes with its own heartache.

• Like 1

So the best stats I could find in terms of his goals/assists/appearances etc was on transfermarkt, breaks down like this:

30 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists.

However, in terms of minutes played (1101), it works out at just over 12 full games worth of minutes. So 7 goals and 4 assist in 12 games or so, is pretty good going for a kid. 

One thing people are missing is whether Adebayor would even be remotely interested in joining us...

Option 1. Take on season loan with Spurs subsidising his wages, this is actually quite plausible 

Option 2. Out right purchase either on free or nominal fee, highly unlikely he'd want to take a drop in wages, highly unlikely we'd be stupid enough to offer him parity (100k by all accounts), incredibly stupid for us to offer him a 2 or 3 year contract on 100k with $0 resale value

Option 3. He stays at Spurs earning his $$, moves to China / Russia / Turkey / Middle East next summer on similar or even bigger wages + signing on bonus - highly likely

The older footballers get, the money driven by money they become as time is running out to cash in.  He has one good move left in him, i can assure you he won't moving to us on lower wages just to 'work' with Sherwood again....  He'll be moving for the absolute maximum he can glean, whereever that may take him.

Edited by tylerreznik

Some sort of deal for Adebayor alonside the likes of an Embolo or Oulare would be fanastic for us. We'd have real variety in the forward line, especially if Adebayor is motivated to stick two fingers up at Spurs by showing them what's still left in the tank. That's potentially a big IF but, even in isolation, he'd be our best striker once Benteke goes.

The only reservation is having to pay a fee to get him. The Mirror report up to £5m, but I just can't see it being anywhere near that.

I agree although there would obviously be a fee for a loan, it's Levy after all! Spurs were previously willing to pay part of his wages on loan at QPR I think it was but wouldn't with West Ham due to the bad blood over the Olympic stadium.

The other bonus to him being on loan is I think he is out of contract next July so he would have the motivation of wanting to secure another deal here or elsewhere.

I'm pretty confident we will sign him just unsure on what basis.

• Like 1

More likely to end up like Benteke, as you'd agree if you were to bother to actually watch the video :) Mind you, that comes with its own heartache.

I'm too scared of the heartache mate Edited by AVTuco

He's unlikey to be just like Tonev. Not unless he's one of those self-hating types.

That was just the worst I could think of in my haste ☺️.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

That Oulare looks very good from that video. It would also make sense that we are looking at another powerful striker with a similar build to Benteke. With Amavi and Bacuna on the flanks we'll be creating a lot of airal chances.

From what I remember Adebayor is also pretty handy in the air, id like him here myself if the deal is right.