Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Is Alexandar Mitrovic to Newcastle a done deal?

If not I much rather we spend our (potential) Benteke money on him than Austin

Mitrovic 20 goals in the Belgian League is not really an improvement on Austin 18 in the Premier League

Mitrovic has resale value though if that's what we're going for.

• Like 2

Mitrovic over Austin every day of the week.. One is 25 and not going to get much better and other is 20 and has possibly more potential than Benteke had at same age and a much better player already than Austin.

Mitrovic will be sold on for 3/4 times the fee of whoever buys him..

Edited by Villan4Life

Mitrovic could be the next Balaban or Kezman for all we know. look at Jelle Vossen who people wanted from Belgium with a decent goalscoring record and yet he got to England he was average for Middlesbrough

Belgium and Dutch league is no indicator if a striker will cut it in England

Mitrovic 20 goals in the Belgian League is not really an improvement on Austin 18 in the Premier League

He has far greater potential, could conceivably go on to play at the top. That is ideally the profile of player we want to reinvest the Benteke money in. Anyway, Anderlecht's sporting director (or whoever) gave an interview today saying the price for him starts at €25m (£18m) so that rules that out.

plus how risky it would be to go into an important season with a 20 year old rookie up front. at least Benteke wasnt brought to lead the line straightaway and Bent was expected to do that

I'd rather see Adebayor in a Villa shirt than Berbatov, he's well past his prime and just looking for another paycheck. At least Adebayor has a point to prove and there's a good chance Tim can motivate him. Neither of these would be a first choice though imo. We should be going after Austin, even if there's a chance Benteke might stay.

Scored twice against Arsenal in the Champions League. He's still class.

plus how risky it would be to go into an important season with a 20 year old rookie up front. at least Benteke wasnt brought to lead the line straightaway and Bent was expected to do that

Benteke basically took Bent's place after 4-5 games so he did just that. The thing is that we shouldn't be in a position where we require one player to single-handedly bail us out next season regardless.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

Austin is only 25 he is hardly Bent when we signed him

Pretty confident in saying that we wouldn't make a profit selling Austin. There's a small chance Mitrovic could be a flop but if he isn't then he could definitely generate a profit for us.

Rolan of Bordeaux is better than Mitrovic....would probably go for less aswell.

Rolan is going to Saint Etienne for €5m according to reports.

I'd rather see Adebayor in a Villa shirt than Berbatov, he's well past his prime and just looking for another paycheck. At least Adebayor has a point to prove and there's a good chance Tim can motivate him. Neither of these would be a first choice though imo. We should be going after Austin, even if there's a chance Benteke might stay.

Scored twice against Arsenal in the Champions League. He's still class.

Great player but he's lazy and old. Wont sign. 

Mitrovic over Austin every day of the week.. One is 25 and not going to get much better and other is 20 and has possibly more potential than Benteke had at same age and a much better player already than Austin.

Mitrovic will be sold on for 3/4 times the fee of whoever buys him..

Yes I would too. 

Rolan of Bordeaux is better than Mitrovic....would probably go for less aswell.

Rolan is going to Saint Etienne for €5m according to reports.

Really? I think he's an excellent player, that's a surprising one, the low fee and also the destination, I know St Etienne are in europe but it's barely a step up from Bordeaux who are a top 6 standard team in France.

He's a better player anyway than Abel Hernandez who cost Hull 10m.

Linked with Stoke anyway.

Stoke City transfer rumours: Potters court Uruguay striker Diego Rolan

By PeteSmith  |  Posted: June 02, 2015

10194256-large.jpg

DIE-GO GO GO: Bordeaux forward Diego Rolan could be on the move this summer.

Comments (2) 

STOKE Cityicon1.png are in a gaggle of clubs weighing up a bid for Uruguay forward Diego Rolan, according to reports in France.

France Football claims Bordeaux are willing to listen to offersicon1.png for the 22-year-old, who is under contract until 2017 and valued at £3.6m.​

They say St Etienne are in the diving seat but Stokeicon1.png, Malaga and Seville have all had scouts tracking his progress.​

Rolan, who moved to Europe in 2012, has scored 15 times in the league this seasonicon1.png.​

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-rumours-Potters-court-Uruguay/story-26619917-detail/story.html#ixzz3c2Fj8E7Z 

Follow us: @SentinelStaffs on Twitter | sentinelstaffs on Facebook

Edited by VillaChris

Really? I think he's an excellent player, that's a surprising one, the low fee and also the destination, I know St Etienne are in europe but it's barely a step up from Bordeaux who are a top 6 standard team in France.

He's a better player anyway than Abel Hernandez who cost Hull 10m.

Yeah, I thought the same when reading it, especially regarding the fee.

Edited by Isa

Austin is only 25 he is hardly Bent when we signed him

Pretty confident in saying that we wouldn't make a profit selling Austin. There's a small chance Mitrovic could be a flop but if he isn't then he could definitely generate a profit for us.

Not overly bothered about making profits on players-The club is now privately owned so its not our problem.

Austin has just broken into the England set up. He will be cheap(er) due to only1 year left on his contract. 2 similar seasons to last and he would be sold at a profit

• Like 1

Quite like the links so far but it will be a job to attract players here.

It cant be as bad as a summer linked with Wesley Sneijder and then ending up with Marlon Harewood and Zat Knight ;)

• Like 1

In (£54mil) - CB (£10mil), Trippier (£3.5mil), Richards (free), Neil Taylor (£3.5mil), Luongo (£2mil), Cleverley (Free), AM/Winger (£10mil), CF (£15mil), CF (£10mil) Bamford (Loan)

Out (£41.5mil) - Lowton (£2mil) Hutton (£1mil), Vlaar (free), Cissokho (£2mil), N'zogbia (£2mil), Benteke (£32.5mil), Weimann (£2mil)

Feel free to help me fill in the blanks, but for a net spend of £12.5mil (which I think even we can afford) that could be a pretty substantial squad overhaul

Edited by dweldon1
  • Like 1