Weekends foorball 21/22 March

andykeenan

Diving ruined the game imo, Suarez should of been off for studding Pepes calf and then diving with no contact.

Messi didnt do anything apart from the free kick assist

If you are going to book players everytime they fall over you'd end up with two goalkeepers playing against each other. I can never understand the hatred over here towards Suarez. He enriched the Premier League with his football. Best player on the pitch yesterday. Rightly won the motm award. Premier League's lost La Liga's gain. 

Edited by PaulC

anyone got a gif of gerrard smashing fellaini in last years game?

im almost certain gerrard was of the opinion, maybe even told by rodgers, we're being bullied here, go get a presence in the middle of the park, go get a cruncher that gets the whole place going (clark vs leicester) the 1st tackle could have gone horribly wrong and is probably not a foul only in the prem, the 2nd is just plain daft

The Premier League has been better without Suarez and his controversies but that's probably just me.

Yes replace him with Balotelli. Still the controversies but not the quality on the pitch. 

Ray Hudson on the US feed just said, 

"Neymar's finishing has been as sharp as a bag of wet mice." Lol

I had that stream on and that bloke said some absolutely ridiculous things. Worst commentator i've ever heard. Described Neymars finishing as a fish in a tree or something, was just strange. 

Also the way he was screaming down his microphone every time a foul took place or when Messi got the ball was just embarrassing. 

Sounds like Ray Hudson, the Sid Waddell of football

Suarez is an absolute cock.

Diving, biting, racist word removed.

How anybody can show sympathy or want him in the PL is beyond me.

He's a good footballer though. Guess its better to have mediocre imports. 

of course he is a good footballer, it doesnt hide the point he is a rocket polisher. Put it this way I would rather have Gabby and Weimann up front than a racist, biting, diving cheat in the Villa squad

Good footballer in the context of better than huddlestone and god knows who else is next after that

Good footballer in the context of playing Lithuania every danger

Good footballer in terms of playing an Italian midfield of pirlo, marchisio and verratti, almost definitely no! But the same is probably true for Delph and colback (and Henderson and carrick)

His biting comes from some childhood issues, won't comment on the racist bit as its very subjective., but most players dive anyway so I wouldn't judge him on that. At the end of the day they are just footballers. I don't know them so won't judge them. 

"Perhaps his biting started in childhood and was triggered by something, perhaps he was bitten in turn. To get to the root of the problem and address it effectively he does require psychological therapy which looks at the more deep-seated issues that might be of concern."

I have seen it with autistic children who react by biting. Its almost certainly something that started in childhood

so if this is an issue why is a guy who gets paid 200k a week not bothering to get therapy.

Can defend him all you want but he is a plain and simple scumbag, no better than Barton or El Hadji Diouf

Do you not think theres a reason people are "scumbags" though, or does that not matter. You are what you are!

If you're an alcoholic its your own fault?

Drug Addict -own fault?

It doesn't make any difference how you got there. 

Edited by PaulC

Â