Weekends foorball 21/22 March

andykeenan

Looking forward to France-Brazil....

I was living in hope Brazil might have a proper evaluation of their footballing style nowadays after the world cup but Dunga is such a depressing reappointment.

More exciting by France....they have a tremendous amount of young prospects...Pogba, Greizmann, Varane, Fekir, Lacazette, that is a superb collection of young players and they still have some old heads in their team.

Looking at the team tonight they have Evra and Sagna still starting as full backs so are they struggling with youth coming through in that area?

Looking forward to France-Brazil....

I was living in hope Brazil might have a proper evaluation of their footballing style nowadays after the world cup but Dunga is such a depressing reappointment.

More exciting by France....they have a tremendous amount of young prospects...Pogba, Greizmann, Varane, Fekir, Lacazette, that is a superb collection of young players and they still have some old heads in their team.

Looking at the team tonight they have Evra and Sagna still starting as full backs so are they struggling with youth coming through in that area?

What channel is it on?

They have Kurzawa who has been arguably the best left-back in France since last season but he struggles to get much of a look-in for some reason.

Centre-back is the area where they are really stockpiling at the moment. In Varane, Zouma and Laporte they have three of the best young centre-backs out there (Varane probably one of the best in general) plus Sakho, Koscienlny, Mangala, Matheiu, Yanga-Mbiwa, Rami etc.

Aye quality finish. Neymar's what already scored nearly 50 goals at international level and he's only 23 I think.

I was sceptical about him a few years back but he isn't far off top level bracket now.

He carries Brazil so much going forward nowadays.

Brazil are brilliant these days up until they play somebody good and organised in World Cup just like Germany from 2002-2012. Probably best team in 2010 tournament until they face Holland.

I fancy them to win Copa America as they always seem to put up a good performance except in 2011 though they bottled the quarters that year

Yes but I think being without Silva and Neymar threw them in the semi. Not saying they wouldn't have been beaten but not by so many. 

Argentina have got some great talent  as wel if they can afford to leave out Vietto in their latest squad

Edited by PaulC

The South Americans seem to have a massive inferiority complex against Brazil. As mediocre as they were in the World cup they still took out Chile and Colombia who given their form totally bottled that quarter final.

They also beat Argentina regularly in friendlies and also a few Copa America finals over the last 10 years.

With Brazil I just want to see them playing decent football down them middle, their midfield is just full of runners and destroyers these days, Ramires, the Man. City duo, Luiz Gustavo, this Elias bloke etc.

At least playing Frimino is a start, Coutinho was in the squad aswell, don't understand why he didn't come one.

• Like 1

Â