PL Best and Worst Away Support

Arj Guy

Which PL club do you think has the best away support, based on numbers and noise? Would say our support is definitely up there in the top 6. IMO Best Man Utd- always sell out, very loud. Although it has to be said they have had a lot of joy at VP.

Worst- Hull or QPR

It's easy to support Man Urd really. They usually win away and the team give their fans plenty to sing about. They have done for the past 25 years.

I've always had a respect for West Ham who have a good support despite the team being shite. Villa have a good away support too considering how bad the team usually are.

• Like 2

I've lost count of the times I've been listening to a game on the radio and all you can hear is the Villa away support. Even when we've just conceded a goal the fans are often the loudest, and not just at the obvious places like Anfield or the Emirates either.

The worst at VP I've ever heard has to be Wigan. They might as well have not turned up.

Best, probs Rapid Vienna. My god they made a racket.

The worst home crowd I've experienced is Fulham. But kudos to them, the rattled their matchday programmes in sync and give a whole stand to the away fans. It feels like a home game every trip.

The worst at VP I've ever heard has to be Wigan. They might as well have not turned up.

The worst home crowd I've experienced is Fulham. But kudos to them, the rattled their matchday programmes in sync and give a whole stand to the away fans. It feels like a home game every trip.

Rapid Vienna away fans were brilliant, scary looking blokes too all built like brick shithouses. In the premier league sadly i have to say ManUre away support is pretty good as much as I hate them, Spurs are generally pretty loud too. The worst in the prem currently are probably QPR, historically the worst were always Wimbledon or Fulham, you could count them on one hand !!

• Like 1

Rapid Vienna away fans were brilliant, scary looking blokes too all built like brick shithouses. In the premier league sadly i have to say ManUre away support is pretty good as much as I hate them, Spurs are generally pretty loud too. The worst in the prem currently are probably QPR, historically the worst were always Wimbledon or Fulham, you could count them on one hand !!

Yeah Fulham's away support is usually dire. I was shocked that they took the full allocation last season.

Went to wolves v fulham a few weeks ago with my wolves supporting mate (he came to the albion league game as part of the deal!)

It was a midweek game but even so, west london isn't a million miles away....fulham brought what looked like about 60 fans!!! Pathetic

Not a fan of Manyoo and their shameless Brummie reds. Give me the Wimbledon fans who were doing the conga when losing 7-1 at VP.

Man Ure fans are usually pretty quiet when losing. Certainly were this season when 1 nil down. But most of the time they are loud even if they are scumbags. Remember them booing and chanting 'we hope you die' during the 19th minute at VP couple of years ago. I think I'm right in saying that many Brummie reds are noses in disguise. Refer to Small Heath as their second club. Lol rocket polishers Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

The worst this season at least had to be Leicester , bought around 1400 the 30 mile trip , admittedly it was close to Christmas , they were nigh on silent as well.

watching the game on tv you would think it was a testimonial or pre-season game as atmosphere was dead

I went to the league cup match between Man Utd and Mk Dons as they are my local team. Even when they were 4-0 down, the Utd away fans were singing their hearts out and none of them left. From this and seeing them at VP, they have definitely got some of the best away fans in the country

And me, might be because I'm from a satellite town rather than Brum but to me Manu and Liverpool fans round here are worse than SHA / baggies / wolves fans

I'll have the crack with other local fans, don't give utd fans the time of day

I have far more respect for SHA fans than Brummie reds.

We all do. Brummie reds are insecure so they support a successful team to make them feel like 'winners'. Same with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool fans in Brum. There is more of them than SHA and Villa fans in Solihull. Edited by Arj Guy

Newcastle by far best away support. I recall couple years back when they had not won an away game all year then they came to VP in January sold out full allocation on a weekday too. They happen to win the game but their support was brilliant.

I thought baggies were good on the Tuesday night game, really added to the atmosphere far better than the fa cup game.

Newcastle by far best away support. I recall couple years back when they had not won an away game all year then they came to VP in January sold out full allocation on a weekday too. They happen to win the game but their support was brilliant.

I thought baggies were good on the Tuesday night game, really added to the atmosphere far better than the fa cup game.

Newcastle's away support is definitely up there. As for Baggies, their away support is usually crap. Take poor numbers and all they sing is SOTV (stolen from SHA) and that Everton song allez allez oh. But I would expect them to be loud at VP given that it's there 'cup final'!!

• 4 weeks later...

man utd have always had great support even when they were shit. i think our away support is one of the most vocal but sometimes our numbers are not the best considering the size of our club and our location. a lot of teams in the prem have good away support.

Â