Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I should really learn welsh.....I like to write penblwyd hapus in peoples birthday cards just so they think i can speak it but aside from that I can count to up to 9 and then I’m on to the road signs that everyone knows.......araf (standard)

I think I'm slightly ahead of that but not much but it is the first language I learned as a baby and also the first I've forgotten

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Seven vowels in welsh, how many you got?

😉

I wasn't referring to the number of different varieties of vowels but the total number that appear in the text on the map.  The minute I realized that it was more than 5% vowels and none of the town names began with double L it was clear it wasn't Welsh.:trollface:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think I'm slightly ahead of that but not much but it is the first language I learned as a baby and also the first I've forgotten

You’ve forgotten more than one language, that’s more impressive that knowing them if you ask me :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I wasn't referring to the number of different varieties of vowels but the total number that appear in the text on the map.  The minute I realized that it was more than 5% vowels and none of the town names began with double L it was clear it wasn't Welsh.:trollface:

Racist 

Texas Cheesecake Depository .. presumably Mayor Quimby is going to get assassinated from there in a future episode :)

There is an episode where Homers leaves the Simpsons house turns right and is pretty much  at Moes Tavern , I hope someone is getting fired for that

comic book guy GIF

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I should really learn welsh.....I like to write penblwyd hapus in peoples birthday cards just so they think i can speak it

Similarly, I learned an elaborate way of telling people (in French obviously) that I can't speak French, which always gets a weird look :)  I say 'elaborate'.  I basically added 'malheureusement' (unfortunately) to the start of the normal sentence.

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Seven vowels in welsh, how many you got?

😉

One for either the 'Things that cheer you up' or the 'Things that piss you off' thread here (but defo not the map thread :P ) ... is when contintenal Europeans say to me 'oh you wouldn't be able to pronounce it properly.  You don't have that sound in English'.  Yeah but we have that sound in Irish biyatch :) It's like they then accept us into their little gang. Like a union almost 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

One for either the 'Things that cheer you up' or the 'Things that piss you off' thread here (but defo not the map thread :P ) ... is when contintenal Europeans say to me 'oh you wouldn't be able to pronounce it properly.  You don't have that sound in English'.  Yeah but we have that sound in Irish biyatch :) It's like they then accept us into their little gang. Like a union almost 🤔🤔🤔

EU rocket polishers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

it's kinda the opposite for me

I say stuff and anyone from more than 5 miles away responds 'wut? wut? what the **** are talking about?'

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it's kinda the opposite for me

I say stuff and anyone from more than 5 miles away responds 'wut? wut? what the **** are talking about?'

VT must be a blessing for you.  A way to communicate with outsiders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â