Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Wait, there’s a green country there that’s not labelled, what country is that? Or is it a state?

Looks like Denmark.   I guess they figured we'd all recognize it.   Also, Austria is in there twice in two different colors.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

It’s really annoying that they’ve used countries for all that until they got to Tasmania and decided to use a state.

Oh no wait, Maine’s there too. wwwwwwhy!?

Because its a conveniently similar size.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

gl79ia0msts31.jpg?width=640&height=498&c

Didn't they just find one of the worlds largest oil fields in Brazil? (about 2 years ago maybe) 

Looking forward to the war over Venezuela :thumb:  

Although, hopefully we should all be electric by then :D 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Didn't they just find one of the worlds largest oil fields in Brazil? (about 2 years ago maybe) 

A lot of Brazil's reserves are as yet still unproven and the subject of quite a bit of debate from what I've read. Basically there's a shitload of oil there but as yet they really don't know how much in some of the newer bigger fields, so they probably aren't included as I think the data refers to proven reserves

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Isn't Spain's anthem instrumental?

There are words but they were used under Franco's regime so now it's instrumental. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

The thing with crude oil as well is it comes in different types. If I remember Saudis is 'light sweet' crude which is perfect for making petrol, whereas Irans is heavy crude which requires a lot more processing to make into useable fuel. 

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing with crude oil as well is it comes in different types. If I remember Saudis is 'light sweet' crude which is perfect for making petrol, whereas Irans is heavy crude which requires a lot more processing to make into useable fuel. 

So basically, the Saudi stuff is ideal for drizzling on a salad, and the Iranian more for frying chips? 

• Like 2

On 18/10/2019 at 08:44, VillaJ100 said:

Correct, which is why Brazil is a net exporter but still has to import too

Â