The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

A win today vs Atletico takes them up to 9th. I'd say that isn't too bad.

I think a defeat for them would be handy for us, as they may just agree to let him go if we phoned them up tomorrow asking if we could have a chat.  I wonder what kind of salary he is on in Spain.  I'm pretty sure Randy has always rated Moyes and would jump at the chance of getting him in, as would I.

This clown is staying. Get used to it.

We will go down this season as we don't have benteke. It really is as simple as that imo.

No chance.

Dead man walking it's just a question of when rather than if.

The cynic inside me thinks it will be mid January, leaving little or no time to bring players in.

And the cynic inside me tells me Newcastle will get moyes as they will make their move before we do.

There's absolutely no benefit to relegation, none.

No fan should be contemplating it as in any way a good thing. It could destroy the club entirely. It could condemn us to perpetual time in the lower leagues with every second sapping whatever we have left to try to turn or around.

Relegation is unacceptable, unjustifiable, and simply cannot be allowed to happen.

To that end we have to give ourselves the best chance of surviving and to do that we need a proven manager, a safe pair of hands, and that certainly isn't Sherwood.

Destroy the club entirely!? How!?

look at Leeds. That will happen to us 

No, that *could* happen to us. 

It would equally be possible to say 'look at West Ham. That will happen to us'. 

All you've done is chosen the most negative possible consequence you can think of and then assumed it's guaranteed. There are significant differences between our situation and Leeds'. 

• Like 1

Moyes ticks all the boxes. He's experienced with relegation battles. He's experienced building a solid midtable squad. He has champions league experience. And if worse comes to it he's also experienced lower league football. He's got good contacts in football (hopefully he's cast his eye on some more unknown spanish talent)

he can bring through younger players (Rooney Jeffers Barkley etc) He can spot lower league players who can step up (Jagelka)

I would absolutley blow him out of the water to get him here.

Moyes is an intelligent football man he will see we need 2 centre halves in Jan and Charlie Austin. and maybe a lee carsley type grafter to replace Ashley Westwood.

Just that bug eye'd stare alone would put enough wind up Guzan for him to put his foot through every back pass that came near him.

Errrrm . . . 

We need to be trying to find the next Arsene Wenger. I'm hoping that Almstadt has got some ideas.

Gems like that are one in a million don't hold your breath mate.

At first I thought you were saying my post was a gem. Obviously no one is going to come in an do for us what Arsene has done for Arsenal without financial backing. But I think it would be good for someone to come in and give us a signature style and have that style be played at all levels.

This is exactly the wrong approach. It would take ages, time we clearly don't have, to implement a style throughout every level of the club. 

When your house is on fire, you don't call an artist to paint a beautiful picture, you call a firefighter to put out the flames. We can start worrying about style, and finesse, and 'the beautiful game' after finishing in mid-table for a few seasons, when we have a squad with players who are capable of doing that. Right now we need saving, which requires defensive solidity and 'winning ugly'. 

• Like 1

For those who want Moyes, Sociedad are not doing a lot better than we are this season.

48 points in 38 gAmes since he's been there. I'd sell my mother for a tally like that at Villa at this point. 

• Like 1

I absolutely hate the train of thought that relegation would be a good thing. It wouldn't. 

Stop trying to make yourself feel better. It would be a disaster. 

I'm not going to 'stop trying to make myself feel better', why the hell would I? You can flounce like a drama queen and let Villa ruin your life if you want to, I'd prefer to wait and see if the sky falls in first. 

I mean, oh, no, whatever will we do, the same thing might happen to us that happens to 15% of teams in the League every single year!

If you need me, I'll be in the basement saving the last bullet for myself. 

I absolutely hate the train of thought that relegation would be a good thing. It wouldn't. 

I'm not going to 'stop trying to make myself feel better', why the hell would I? You can flounce like a drama queen and let Villa ruin your life if you want to, I'd prefer to wait and see if the sky falls in first. 

I mean, oh, no, whatever will we do, the same thing might happen to us that happens to 15% of teams in the League every single year!

grow up. I said it would be a disaster. I meant for the team. Not for your life. 

To be fair, just about staying up and constantly being shit is also a disaster, just in a different way. I'm not advocating relegation but it could (important word there) be no worse than the shit we've had for the last few years.

grow up. I said it would be a disaster. I meant for the team. Not for your life. 

You have absolutely no idea whether it will be or not. Literally, you haven't got a clue. Nobody does. We're all just guessing. Stop pretending you have a crystal ball. 

For those who want Moyes, Sociedad are not doing a lot better than we are this season.

48 points in 38 gAmes since he's been there. I'd sell my mother for a tally like that at Villa at this point. 

I find that interesting.

Youare dead set against Sherwood, and positive about MMoyes.

Yet going on points from games since appointed, had Sherwood won just 2 more games, and Moyes lost 2 more ( both perfectly statistically likely) their points tallies would be identical.

And Moyes hasn't dealt with either a massive overhaul or a side which had already been bouncing along the bottom.

Please god no, can not stomach any more Scottish managers.

Why?

Being honest,

Too predictably same old same old, I want somebody who can do something different, be proactive, make good changes, forward thinking and above all else be somebody the players will respect and look up too.

To be fair, just about staying up and constantly being shit is also a disaster, just in a different way. I'm not advocating relegation but it could (important word there) be no worse than the shit we've had for the last few years.

Ive been watching us since the 3rd Division days, and have to say I have enjoyed almost as many seasons in the 2 lower Divisions as in the higher, the higher really being about 6.

So whilst I don't wantit, I'm not sure disaster is right.

Whereas the last 5 or scertainly have been !!

Edited by terrytini

I find that interesting.

Yet going on points from games since appointed, had Sherwood won just 2 more games, and Moyes lost 2 more ( both perfectly statistically likely) their points tallies would be identical.

And Moyes hasn't dealt with either a massive overhaul or a side which had already been bouncing along the bottom.

That's a 12 points difference. That's huge!

Edited by bose
  • Like 1

I find that interesting.

Back to 'if' as a defence for Sherwood again I see.

• Like 1

I find that interesting.

As I said, its two more for one guy, and two less for the other.

Peoples opinion on how big that is, an whether it justifies one being a pariah and the other a saviour, is a matter of opinion, and will usually depend on what prconceptions they want to reinforce.

But really, it is perfectly plausible that each guy could have had that two game variation.

I think iillustrates something we all have experienced, namely from McLeish to Lambert to Sherwood ( and Houllier before Bent) there is little difference.

And anyone hoping fogreat things from Moyes may well be setting themslves up to be just as dissappointed al over again !!

Or maybe not, whoknows ?

Â