The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

What you on about sexbelowsound ? I was being serious. I was referencing the fact that Sherwood will probably want out the way things are going not Richard itk status. Some people on here are either para or thick no point posting here at all

Having a transfer list at Villa is pretty pointless, The whole squad is always up for sale + you need to have interest. 

If anyones any good they get sold and we end up keeping the dross.

Didn't really know where to put this and it's not really TS related so sorry.

But, one of my work colleagues is an Arsenal fan and went to the game last week, he was staying at a nearby hotel. Anyway, after the game he's stanidng in the lift at the hotel with a friend and a random guy behind them, the doors open and this random guy pushes past my friend knocking him to the side a little, my mate made some form of comment along the lines of "could have said excuse me mate", as most of us probably would.

Anyway, this guy turns around having now left the lift and charged back at my mate to grip and lift him by the throat whilst shouting some expletives. 

Turns out it was Tony Parks, our goalkeeping coach, apparently.

I have no reason not to believe my mate, he's not the type to make something like that up, suffice to say he was shocked.

I find that a little disconcerting given the clubs recent track record of bullying problems..................

Also, I'm not the type to post inflammatory shit for the sake of it, just thought this worth mentioning.

Ummm...

Maybe in the Tony Parks thread?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/12828-tony-parks/

I doubt it. He knew what he was signing up to, Also it would hardly be a big miss if he did go let's be honest IMO. Anyway it's a non starter for me, he won't leave.

and replace him with who? Hardly a big miss, he saved the club from automatic relegation

• Like 2

Amazing how many seem to have forgotten the state the club was when he first came in. In a strange way he'd probably be getting more slack from the fans if we were knocked out of the FA Cup in the 5th round.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Sherwood obviously has a list of players he wishes to sign,we will be able to tell pretty quickly from the quality of the signings if we will struggle next season its as simple as that,they will be his players so there be no room for excuses from management/the executive.He did a very good job of keeping us up last season therefore we should rightly expect a little better next season,the PL is a hard grueling league to play in so we should not expect miracles.

Nope not fickle. I remember the state when he came in and I don't remember taking that away from him. He has done what was required which was to stay up. My concern is more long term and rebuilding. Like I said it's a non point really as he isn't going to leave.

You cannot deny the task was daunting, but he managed to keep us up.....the cup final was a non entity, but the semi final was encouraging....we are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.

In contrast Leicester during their purple patch were much mor consistent in everything about their play.

I hope next season we can find a little more consistency in our play.....but I suspect that will require new characters to do it.

Considering non of the players were his....he did well.....if that doesn't require praise, fine but then criticism should equally be denied.

If you were offered the results before we hired him (without knowing the league table) I think almost everyone would have snatched your hand off. It should have been more comfortable than it was, really.

Considering non of the players were his....he did well.....if that doesn't require praise, fine but then criticism should equally be denied.

I see it more the other way really.

He deserve all the praise he's gotten for keeping us in the league (and I've seen a lot of that from pretty much everyone on here)

But that doesn't make him immune from the criticism he (imo) rightly deserve or from people being apprehensive about what kind of manager he will be in the long term 

He deserve all the praise he's gotten for keeping us in the league (and I've seen a lot of that from pretty much everyone on here)

But that doesn't make him immune from the criticism he (imo) rightly deserve or from people being apprehensive about what kind of manager he will be in the long term

It's fair to be apprehensive about what kind of manager he will be.....but I'm not sure how criticism can be levelled at events that have'nt happened.

It's fair to be apprehensive about what kind of manager he will be.....but I'm not sure how criticism can be levelled at events that have'nt happened.

Criticism for our tactics, selections and performances is what i refer to

Edited by sne

In terms of selection....the player on the bench is always better than the one playing....I think he has no standout players to bring on they are all much of a muchness.....fans could pick several permutations of team and it would'nt make much difference.....it has to be in the player to do it.....no one coached andy Gray to go flying in with his head, where you would'nt put you boot....no one coached des Bremner to never stop running.

He hasn't got the players to make the difference....and many of them mentally throw the towel in too early.

In terms of tactics, I think it is very subjective, I' m not overly convinced of the importance of them, I' m not dismissing them out of hand, just think other more important things are left unattended by busying ourselves with them....like players just doing their jobs will take you much further.

However, I think we should have played 5 in mid field at Wembley and then grew in to game....we tried to mix it to early and in boxing terms we got out pointed....that drained the confidence and the rest is history.

All these things impact on performance......get the detail right and the rest falls in to place.

Edited by TRO

In terms of selection....the player on the bench is always better than the one playing....I think he has no standout players to bring on they are all much of a muchness.....fans could pick several permutations of team and it would'nt make much difference.....it has to be in the player to do it.....no one coached andy Gray to go flying in with his head, where you would'nt put you boot....no one coached des Bremner to never stop running.

He hasn't got the players to make the difference....and many of them mentally throw the towel in too early.

Most of the selection criticism i've seen is about him not resting key players before the FA Cup-final, fwiw i doubt it would have mattered against them thou

Â