The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Pulis isn't working miracles. What you are seeing there is a seasoned, experienced Premier League manager at work.

Exactly this, what pulis has done is set the team up to their strengths and instilled some self belief in them - 2 things we were severely lacking today, I personally don't think we set up right today and the 2 of the 3 subs were shocking (3rd was only option).

Set the team up and play to our strengths it's not rocket science!!!

Could anyone see Tim walking before it got too late this season to save his own neck and guarantee more press coverage for himself or do we think he is here for the long haul and Its just me being a berk because I'm angry at this stupid **** club?!

Could anyone see Tim walking before it got too late this season to save his own neck and guarantee more press coverage for himself or do we think he is here for the long haul and Its just me being a berk because I'm angry at this stupid **** club?!

I can see that happening too.

His appoinent to me indicates our new ceo's lack of football understanding, which is a shame as Fox seems to know his stuff off the field wise. Can't see TS here for long and never thought he was right for job. Think he talks the talk but most of it is hot air, strikes me as very bitter about how things turned out at Tottenham, which is where he'd rather be. Resigned to relegation now, Lerner must take full responsibility for the downfall of this mighty club.

I'd just go out and get Allardyce.

That would be panicking, plain and simple.

There's no chance of it happening anyway, but I'd rate our chances of staying up a lot more if it were to happen and perhaps we should be panicking.

What is wrong with you all?? It's been two sodding games and tbf we do look look better. He's not a magician, no manager is going to suddenly make this shower of shite (who have been shite for five years now) amazing.

Villa fans really make me despair at times.

• Like 2

No chance imo. You clearly don't like him but I'm not sure why you'd think he would do that.

His appoinent to me indicates our new ceo's lack of football understanding, which is a shame as Fox seems to know his stuff off the field wise. Can't see TS here for long and never thought he was right for job. Think he talks the talk but most of it is hot air, strikes me as very bitter about how things turned out at Tottenham, which is where he'd rather be. Resigned to relegation now, Lerner must take full responsibility for the downfall of this mighty club.

Tom Fox has an impressive CV 

But Ignoring pullis\moyes - standing by Lambert - then sacking him - then recruiting a total novice - those are absolutely unforgivable decisions - He can have zero credibility after those IMO 

• Like 1

He is being found out isn't he.  :(

Not sure. He seems to be doing just as I expected. Which is a horrible thing for me to say.

We are down. 

1) Should have got a new manager at the beginning of the season

2) Should not have given Lambert a four year contract

3) Should not have waited so long to get rid

4) Should have appointed an experienced coach, not one who has a great win record with a team worth 200m.

• Like 3

No chance imo. You clearly don't like him but I'm not sure why you'd think he would do that.

Yes - Depends on his package - if there is some clause that we don't pay compo (or much) if we are relegated - he may just declare the club 'unmanageable' engineer an argument with the board - and walk....

Id go back and read my opinions of Sherwood getting the job before jumping to conclusions. Edited by Ingram85

Could anyone see Tim walking before it got too late this season to save his own neck and guarantee more press coverage for himself

Why would he want to bring down a shit boatload of negative press coverage upon himself by doing something like that?  How do you think he would be portrayed?  You make him sound like a reality TV star who wants press coverage at any cost!  I very much doubt Sherwood is going to walk, unless there's a sudden utter breakdown in communications and understanding between him and those he's directly answerable to.

"We have to take something from every game between now and the end of the season.

"There was a little bit of anxiety, we are trying too hard to hit the front man too early.

"People talk about we have quality, what I saw was heart and desire but I need to see more quality and I think we are capable of it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/31523058

i just feel sick i didnt even watch the game had a good day out i have got back seen the score and just slumped. tim is not at fault lambert put us with a bunch of **** whimps with no backbone or footballing ability i honestly couldn't care less if any of our players left get rid of the **** lot there is not one villa hero in that squad. I hate football.

Â