Formula One - 2015 edition

BOF

Booked tickets for Silverstone in a couple of weeks.

Not sure if they're struggling to sell them, but 44% off all tickets was enough to make me go for it. Would be pretty annoyed if I'd paid full price mind...

Not sure if they're struggling to sell them, but 44% off all tickets was enough to make me go for it. Would be pretty annoyed if I'd paid full price mind...

I've been before, where abouts are you? If your general admission id recommend taking a chair and food. Edited by Jimzk5

I've been before, where abouts are you? If your general admission id recommend taking a chair and food.

Yeah did the whole weekend in 2009. Was well worth paying a bit more for comfy camping chairs!

Gone for General Admission. £86 seemed a decent deal considering I'm getting £70+ back for the cancelled Foo Fighters gig [emoji3]

Dulltastic again.

Renault threatening to jack it in, as are red bull. In season testing being stopped again next year. McLaren utter garbage as are anyone without Mercedes or Ferrari engines.

What a mess.

• 3 weeks later...

I went on Sunday and it was a brilliant race. Not sure if it was just because I was there, but there was incidents, fights for the lead and a bit of rain to throw in the mix.

Record attendance at Silverstone too so there is still interest

Does the fact that this had dropped of the first couple of pages and it was the British Grand Prix at the weekend signify that we are all pretty much losing interest....

For me F1 stopped being interesting in the mid 90's.

• Like 1

Does the fact that this had dropped of the first couple of pages and it was the British Grand Prix at the weekend signify that we are all pretty much losing interest....

Mayby

Fwiw as good as the race was, for me it was still only "good" because of the rain, after the race there was and still is a lot of jingoism from the media that "hey look, f1 is still entertaining"

Wait until the Hungarian grand prix when there will be no overtaking and the mercs will lead from start to finish, normality will resume.

• 2 weeks later...

RIP. Horrible that he's gone but probably a release for his long suffering family now who can move on. That he even lasted beyond that terrible day was scarcely believable to me having seen the smack.

• 1 month later...

Whoa vettel just lost his shit in his tv interview.

What did he do? I don't watch F1 much anymore. I've got paint drying I need to watch.
His tyre blew up near the end of the race(after running the tyre long).

Was asked if it was disappointing.

He says pretty aggressively 'finishing out of the points is disappointing, if that happens(the blow up) 300m earlier he is not here. If rosberg(had blow up in practice) says he does not go off the track then we should believe him, this should not be happening it's *beep*(bullshit?)'

Then gets asked something like I hear you raised these issues in the drivers meeting after rosbergs blow up.

The he said yes I did, I believe rosberg if he says he stayed on track, this shouldn't be happening I raised the issue they said yea and then we carry on nothing ever happens its *beep*(bullshit)

Roughly

Edited by jjaacckk91

Decent race behind the front 2

Ferrari knew the limit of those tyres are 25 laps, any more and your pushing your luck. Stupid to try and do 32 laps on them.

Edited by Jimzk5

Decent race behind the front 2

Ferrari knew the limit of those tyres are 25 laps, any more and your pushing your luck. Stupid to try and do 32 laps on them.

Whilst that might be the case the tyres should always remain safe. We've seen tyres "go off" in F1 for many years which usually means a sharp drop off in grip... not an immediate shredding which is incredibly dangerous.

Someone has cocked up here and I think Vettel has every right to be angry.

Edited by Genie

Horrible news. Former F1 driver, Justin Wilson, has succumbed to the injuries he suffered at Pocono Raceway the other day.

2015_justinwilsonrip_1600x800.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 24, 2015) – INDYCAR announced that driver Justin Wilson, who enjoyed success in multiple motorsports series during a two-decade professional career, died today from a head injury suffered in the Verizon IndyCar Series race Aug. 23 at Pocono Raceway. He was 37.

“This is a monumentally sad day for INDYCAR and the motorsports community as a whole,” said Mark Miles, CEO of Hulman & Co., the parent of INDYCAR and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. “Justin’s elite ability to drive a race car was matched by his unwavering kindness, character and humility – which is what made him one of the most respected members of the paddock. As we know, the racing industry is one big family, and our efforts moving forward will be focused on rallying around Justin’s family to ensure they get the support they need during this unbelievably difficult time.”

Wilson was struck by debris from a single-car crash on Lap 180 of the 200-lap race on the 2.5-mile triangular oval. Wilson was attended to by the Holmatro Safety Team and airlifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest in Allentown, Pa.

A native of Sheffield, England, Wilson recorded seven career Indy car victories – the most recent in 2012 at Texas Motor Speedway – and eight pole starts in 174 races. He totaled 711 career laps led, including two in the Aug. 23 race. He competed in Formula One in 2003 with Minardi and Jaguar, and his initial F1 points were scored that year in the U.S. Grand Prix on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course. He co-drove a Michael Shank Racing sports car entry to the overall victory in the 50th anniversary Rolex 24 at Daytona in 2012.

Wilson, a road cycling and mountain biking enthusiast, also was an ambassador for dyslexia, a learning disorder characterized by difficulty reading that challenged him as a youth. He often would speak to groups at the racetrack and visit schools near INDYCAR race venues.

Wilson is survived by his wife, Julia, and two daughters. His younger brother Stefan is an accomplished race car driver who has competed in the Verizon IndyCar Series and Indy Lights. Funeral arrangements are pending. In lieu of flowers, a fund has been set up for Wilson children. Donations may be sent to: Wilson Children's Fund, c/o INDYCAR, 4551 W. 16th St., Indianapolis, IN 46222.

Facebook announcement

Was watching that live... took NBC a couple of minutes to get to the camera angle where you clearly see the huge chuck hit him and go 100ft in the air, and his car immediately veer off under no control into the wall. 

Racing around in circles is insane.

Max Chilton says he has put his name forward to drive for Haas gp next season

I'm sure if they want someone to linger at the back of the field a second slower than your closest competition you'll be first in line max.

Edited by Jimzk5

Â