Formula One - 2015 edition

BOF

Looking forward to getting up for the race tomorrow. Will anybody else be up?

Hopefully I will be, going to pull an all nighter whilst watching some of the cricket world cup aswell. The huge amount of alcohol beside me in the lounge should help.

• Like 1

Oh and Mclaren are **** pathetic, I know they have a new engine supplier and all, but six seconds off pole is **** shambolic!!

Yes, its a pathetic performance. Jenson will wish he was racing in DTM or Uk touring cars
  • Like 1

Oh and Mclaren are **** pathetic, I know they have a new engine supplier and all, but six seconds off pole is **** shambolic!!

Yes, its a pathetic performance. Jenson will wish he was racing in DTM or Uk touring cars

It's shambolic, Dennis has a huge amount to answer for if they don't get it together soon.

They had a shambolic start in 09 with a dog of a car after Hamilton had won the championship the year before but Hamilton produced a few great drives that season to make sure the season was at least respectable. Dennis must be praying that Alonso can do the same, once he returns.

It is sad to say that I don't think Button is cut out for F1 anymore, very good driver at his peak but when the chips are down he doesn't strike me as a driver they will produce some great results to drag a team out of the mire.

Edited by Avfc96

well this season is going to be dull. Battle for third is the only challenge around.

Exactly the reason I didn't bother getting up to watch it, I do quite like this new era of f1 but if merc get the reliability in check they will win every race at a canter Thi season

Well that was crap. Luckily I ended up polishing off a bottle of wine watching film till midnight so when the alarm went off I decided to watch it back at 8 when the kids got up.

It was like a pre-season friendly in football. No one was ready or match fit.

well this season is going to be dull. Battle for third is the only challenge around.

Exactly the reason I didn't bother getting up to watch it, I do quite like this new era of f1 but if merc get the reliability in check they will win every race at a canter Thi season
We were all desperate for a change after the dominance of Red Bull, its now just as 1 sided just a different colour car at the front every race.

We were all desperate for a change after the dominance of Red Bull, its now just as 1 sided just a different colour car at the front every race.

I think its only slightly better than the years of dominance by Schumacher and vettel because at least Lewis and rosberg are pretty similar for pace and they are allowed to race unlike Schumacher and barrichelo and vettel with Webber

Yeah its only the first race so plenty can happen yet, but it doesn't bode well for competition when Lewis can actually play a game of not only being in the lead, but deciding how much of a lead he wanted to have.

Perhaps if they had to run to the cars and start them up...

Unbelievable from christian Horner, saying its bad for formula 1 to have 1 team dominating every year and engines should be a standard for every team

Wasn't saying that when red bull were boring the arse off everyone for 4 years, he did say that red bull were not as dominant as Mercedes are now but that's bollocks

Edited by Jimzk5

Unbelievable from christian Horner, saying its bad for formula 1 to have 1 team dominating every year and engines should be a standard for every team

Wasn't saying that when red bull were boring the arse off everyone for 4 years, he did say that red bull were not as dominant as Mercedes are now but that's bollocks

Comedic genius from the horn. He should start doing stand - up

No point in standardising anything in formula 1. It's supposed to be be pinnacle of Motorsport. There's plenty of series where everything is standardised if that's your thing.

It is boring to watch one team dominating but that's pretty much been the case for the last 15 years. Schumacher era, vettel era, with a few gaps inbetween such as hamiltons debut year and the following year and of course the double diffuser brawn gp saga, unsurprisingly those are the standout years of F1 over the last 15 years.

No point in standardising anything in formula 1. It's supposed to be be pinnacle of Motorsport. There's plenty of series where everything is standardised if that's your thing.

It is boring to watch one team dominating but that's pretty much been the case for the last 15 years. Schumacher era, vettel era, with a few gaps inbetween such as hamiltons debut year and the following year and of course the double diffuser brawn gp saga, unsurprisingly those are the standout years of F1 over the last 15 years.

The closest we got to standardising F1 was the A1GP series which only lasted for a few years in the mid 2000s

My best memories of F1 are the 97 season (villenueve v Schumacher) 98/ (hakkinen vv Schumacher/irvine) and 08 (Hamilton v Massa)

• Like 1

The closest we got to standardising F1 was the A1GP series which only lasted for a few years in the mid 2000s

My best memories of F1 are the 97 season (villenueve v Schumacher) 98/ (hakkinen vv Schumacher/irvine) and 08 (Hamilton v Massa)

I also really enjoyed the '07 season (my first season of watching F1 properly) where 3 people could have won the championship. Plus the whole Hamilton and Alonso battle throughout the year.

2 seconds a lap faster than most of the field and lapping everyone outside the top 5. Red Bull had it good - but never as good as Mercedes does now.

Yes, it's sour grapes from Horner but considering the amount of times Red Bull got pinged for innovation during their dominance, he has a point.

Â