The 2015 General Election

tonyh29

General Election 2015  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How will you vote at the general election on May 7th?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Regionally based party (SNP, Plaid, DUP, SF etc)
    • Local Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • Spoil Paper
    • Won't bother going to the polls

This poll is closed to new votes

Tory party appear to have opted for negative campaiging

salmond-miliband-pocket-1-942x530.jpg

this is going to be a dirty election campaign methinks

That's just for starters - they're using this one next:

800CD53F-7378-4549-95B2-70D5197B22D5_zps

I'll overlook the obvious about negative tactics being a Tory thing   ... unlees you really want me to dig out previous campaign posters by various parties  ... and if you quote Stewart Lee and the poster he saw 6 years before he was born I shall come up there and beat you with a haggis :P

I think in a country that has seen a rise in UKIP due to fears about being ruled by Europe a fear of being "governed "  ( / dictated to etc )  ) by Scotland may also strike a cord , hence it's probably a way to try and get back some of the UKIP voters that they lost...

bit worrying that collectively some of VT's finest minds  thinks the Greens and SNP with Labour will save us   .... what's French for "Let me come and leave here"  please

Edited by tonyh29

I'll overlook the obvious about negative tactics being a Tory thing   ... unlees you really want me to dig out previous campaign posters by various parties  ... and if you quote Stewart Lee and the poster he saw 6 years before he was born I shall come up there and beat you with a haggis :P

I think in a country that has seen a rise in UKIP due to fears about being ruled by Europe a fear of being "governed "  ( / dictated to etc )  ) by Scotland may also strike a cord , hence it's probably a way to try and get back some of the UKIP voters that they lost...

bit worrying that collectively some of VT's finest minds  thinks the Greens and SNP with Labour will save us   .... what's French for "Let me come and leave here"  please

One sick individual, now universally loathed by a nation for shafting the innocent. Pictured here with Jimmy Savile.

Save us from what? There are a few things that we need saving from at the moment, and many of them are embodied by Tory government. 

I'll take just about anything that saves us from that fate. 

• Like 4

you'd have to ask those people I'm afraid  , it's not me that believes a Green \ SNP \ Labour coalition would be great for the country  .. though I beleive they mean via  move to the left  ( yeah , cause that always works well )

but , what do you think you need to be saved from ?

NHS  - Meh Labour are as culpable for the state of it

Education - ditto , ditto , Ditto

War on terror - both parties suported it

Bailing the banks - well Labour bailed them out but I suspect the Tories would have done the same so you and I would still be paying for it regardless

Benefits - Atos , yeah enough said another Labour inititive

by all means hate the tories  , thats' your perogative   ... but if you think any  government would come in tomororw and change everything and we'd all live in Utopia , then I fear you need a stright jacket  ..

See as a product of a Thatcherite educashun system I totally understand why you misread my post, so I'll make allowances for it and ignore your mistake. ;)

I don't think any government are likely to make things better, because I don't think our politicians have much of a say in how things are run anymore. I don't believe that it is because of the EU, as UKIPZ will have you think, and in all likelihood jumping ship from the EU will only make the country 10x less democratic and City dependent.

I think if we want to make a genuine change, we need to deal with who has all the money (and, subsequently, power).

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I think the Tories would be best staying away from the whole paedophile area...

what's French for "Let me come and leave here" please

If you say it loud enough they'll understand you! ;)

Though I'd drop the 'allo, 'allo accent (leave/live). :P

Doh ... Fat finger moment

I think the Tories would be best staying away from the whole paedophile area...

Ahhhh but even extends to humorous gags about the plutomaniac Blair now :D

Edited by tonyh29

..Anyways I await the next instalment of things that have nothing to do with the Tories but that you'll mention them anyway

Wasn't it the Tories who ignored the dossier compiled on alleged sexual abuse? Weren't the houses of Leon Brittan and Harvey Proctor recently searched? Did Savile and Thatcher not have quite a close friendship? Invites to Chequers, spending time with the Thatcher family?

• Like 1

Anyways I await the next instalment of things that have nothing to do with the Tories but that you'll mention them anyway

Wasn't it the Tories who ignored the dossier compiled on alleged sexual abuse? Weren't the houses of Leon Brittan and Harvey Proctor recently searched? Did Savile and Thatcher not have quite a close friendship? Invites to Chequers, spending time with the Thatcher family?

Could be why Cameron is skipping the live debates,  either he knows he will look like a muppet losing to little ed or he knows when yewtree are going to be calling the Tory MP's / Lord's houses.  It's one of the 2 but someone like Cameron must know who's guilty in his little party,  he just can't tell the Police as they put him where he is now.

Coalition fun:

Parliamentary protocol dictates the incumbent PM gets first crack at a government so Dave will have  a bit of time to sort something out if he has the votes but will Con/Kip/Lib win enough seats? I can see a minority government there at best.

Lab/SNP could well win enough seats for a majority - Miliband as PM with Sturgeon as Deputy?

Neither combination is particularly inspiring. No way will there be a National Government of Lab/Con in this situation. They've spend way to long slagging each other off.

Assuming Dave is no longer PM I can see a coup d'etat and Boris will be leader before Christmas ready for fresh elections within 12 months after Ed **** it up.

I assumed for a second you were trying to be intentionally funny there but I know you don't have it in you

Anyways I await the next instalment of things that have nothing to do with the Tories but that you'll mention them anyway

Could be why Cameron is skipping the live debates,  either he knows he will look like a muppet losing to little ed or he knows when yewtree are going to be calling the Tory MP's / Lord's houses.  It's one of the 2 but someone like Cameron must know who's guilty in his little party,  he just can't tell the Police as they put him where he is now.

I can fully understand Cameron ducking the debates. He only pushed for them last time because being in opposition is easy. Now he has a record to defend, against 6/7 other leaders all waiting to give him a kicking. He won't out shout Farage, Clegg was excellent on TV last time, Milliband just has to keep mentioning "cuts" and "save the NHS". Plaid and the SNP will just copy Ed in an amusing accent and Bennett will just talk utter bollocks and forget what she came prepared with.

It will be a shambles and there is no way out for Cameron. He knowns the broadcasters won't empty chair him because of broadcast impartiality rules and lets be honest, floating voters mean **** all in this election anyway. Its all about protecting what you've got and stopping UKIP taking it for Dave.

• Like 1

I assumed for a second you were trying to be intentionally funny there but I know you don't have it in you

wow first Sting saved the rain forest and now he gets Cameron the keys to number 10  .....