New manager

reykjavik

I don't think for a second he's in the running but I think Eusebio Di Francesco from Sassuolo would be a good appointment. He got Sassuolo promoted to Serie A and then got sacked and reinstated and kept them up last season. Now they're 12th in Serie A and by the looks of their results they are capable of scoring some goals and playing some attractive football (apart from a 7-0 Tw@ing at the hands of Inter in September). 

Obviously he's not a big name (I had to search to see who is manager of Sassuolo), but he's a young, exciting, "continental" manager with a proven ability to keep teams up and push them on, and with a club much smaller than ours. One downside is he probably doesn't speak English (but that didn't hold pochettino back). 

Maybe not the quick fix we're after right now but definitely a decent long term prospect IMO.

Simply put, if the right choice is made, we have a team who will compete in the top 10. Depending on staying up of course.

COME ON VILLA!

Disagree, I think most of our players are extremely overrated.

Probably should be in a different thread, but Guzan, Cissokho, Vlaar, Okore, Clark (of current), Delph, Westwood, Sanchez, Gil and Benteke are most certainly players who can compete in the top 10. Some for European chasing clubs.

Cissokho can not kick the ball, he is so poor on the ball, that ballboy would be better option going forward. If I was manager, Cissokho would never cross halfway line (like Mourinho with Gallas and Ferreira). Liverplop fans were right about him.

Any new manager will have a lot of problems to stay up with current crop of players, as only Guzan, Vlaar, Delph and in form Benteke are better players. The second wave consists of Okore, Westwood and Gil. The others are Championship quality now.

And there is a rest, who do not know, what the ball is for: Weimann, Agbonlahor, Cissokho, Cleverley and NZogbia.

i dont undertstand the mclaren love. the guy is just flavour of the month and i certainly do not want  him. would rather have curbs than walley with a  brolley

Flavour of the month?

He's been a very good club manager for about 15 years with an excellent coaching reputation before that.

He's not perfect, with the England job probably being his biggest (and most high profile) blunder.

But to say he's flavour of the month is very strange.

• Like 1

Reading Richards Cryptic messages

• Has Links to Arsenal
  • Will be appointed quickly (currently out of work ?)

No one springs to mind ???

Benteke?

Arsenal fan, can be appointed very quickly.

• Like 1

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Why on earth would Allardyce ever leave a rising, in-form, high-ranked, London-based Premier League club with a huge new stadium for Villa? Can't see it.

Simply put, if the right choice is made, we have a team who will compete in the top 10. Depending on staying up of course.

COME ON VILLA!

Probably should be in a different thread, but Guzan, Cissokho, Vlaar, Okore, Clark (of current), Delph, Westwood, Sanchez, Gil and Benteke are most certainly players who can compete in the top 10. Some for European chasing clubs.

Cissokho can not kick the ball, he is so poor on the ball, that ballboy would be better option going forward. If I was manager, Cissokho would never cross halfway line (like Mourinho with Gallas and Ferreira). Liverplop fans were right about him.

Any new manager will have a lot of problems to stay up with current crop of players, as only Guzan, Vlaar, Delph and in form Benteke are better players. The second wave consists of Okore, Westwood and Gil. The others are Championship quality now.

And there is a rest, who do not know, what the ball is for: Weimann, Agbonlahor, Cissokho, Cleverley and NZogbia.

Id be in the same mind regards Hutton.  I seriously think teams let him have the ball in the final 3rd as it goes horribly wrong for him everytime when he gets it there.

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Why on earth would Allardyce ever leave a rising, in-form, high-ranked, London-based Premier League club with a huge new stadium for Villa? Can't see it.

Contract ends in 3 months and they haven't spoken to him about renewing it .

• Like 1

If it's job security Allardyce would be looking for then I'm not sure he'll get it at a club that is being sold and which might be sold in the summer.

COME ON VILLA!

Those 5 are truely awful footballers indeed

I was being wound up about Houllier - sorry folks

Does fit though, for a short term to keep us up.

Not sure if serious ?

If it's job security Allardyce would be looking for then I'm not sure he'll get it at a club that is being sold and which might be sold in the summer.

He has 2 months on his West Ham contract....

How many pages before the new manager is announced?

It'll be saturday.

He'll be present, but not in charge, for the FA Cup game

Nigel Perason then ?

All this excited chatter on VillaTalk almost allows me to pretend that Tom Fox and co. actually give a rat's bottom about what any of us have to say about the new manager question. It's a pleasant delusion!

Wasn't the fans singing for Paul Lambert back in 2012 one of the reasons why they hired him in the first place?

I think we're a long way from singing for anyone! 

Ah, to reflect on the utter inanity of the early Lambert-related rhetoric days at Villa. Remember when Bent and Lambert had a budding bromance?  Seems so long ago! Embarrassing.

According to fox lerner has bought into the future plans - don't expect a sale in next 3 years.