What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Another for MrWeedMcGrass:

Our first stop is in Bogota

To check Colombian fields

The natives smile and pass along

A sample of their yield

Sweet Jamaican pipe dreams

Golden Acapulco nights

Then Morocco and the East

Fly by morning light

We're on the train to Bangkok

Aboard the Thailand Express

We'll hit the stops along the way

We only stop for the best

Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon

We burn the midnight oil

The fragrance of Afghanistan

Rewards a long day's toil

Pulling into Kathmandu

As smoke rings fill the air

Perfumed by a Nepal night

The Express gets you there

Gil Scott Heron - New York is killing me

Good album isn't it Si?

It's an interesting journey that's for sure. I particularly like how the soundscapes used underpin his vocal style, very good indeed.

I'm a big fan.

This got recommended on Radiobutt, suggesting it might be the first step on a new road for the indie/alternative scene to go down after a couple of years stuck in a rut of similarity.

I really couldn't get on with it, despite wanting to desperately. Like Designer1 I liked some of the soundscapes (best word for them I think, nice one) but the vocal style does it for me. Just don't appreciate it.

:(

This got recommended on Radiobutt, suggesting it might be the first step on a new road for the indie/alternative scene to go down after a couple of years stuck in a rut of similarity.

I don't really see it as that sort of thing at all. Production-wise it is fundamentally an electronic album, and has a classic folk feel to it, but it certainly isn't what I would describe as 'indie'.

I don't really see it as that sort of thing at all. Production-wise it is fundamentally an electronic album, and has a classic folk feel to it, but it certainly isn't what I would describe as 'indie'.

Aye I know it's fundamentally different, I think they were saying that this album might be one that could set off a new scene or at least drive some originality into the already existing ones.

because, frankly, all that generic "indie" stuff is getting boring, or, as it's fashionable to say in 2k10, "derivative". Well, this album is a great place to start moving some other direction. "I'm New Here" deserves your attention on three instances. First, If you've grown tired of "indie" rock (which seems to have ceased to exist, any way) the album is as fresh the morning dew without putting too much strain on your comprehension skills either. Second, it doesn't steal your time: 28 minutes and you are free to go. Last, "I'm new here" is just dark enough for your black hipster alienated soul."

The Beach Boys - Soulful Old Man Sunshine

That is a quality piece of vocalising.............and never officially released til the end of the 90's

Â